jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Do You Know The Top 10 Most Common Traits Of Potential Serial Killers

1. crazyhorsesghost profile image87
    crazyhorsesghostposted 3 years ago

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/7648849_f248.jpg

Have you always wondered what makes serial killers tick? What makes them do what they do? Why do they end up doing what they do?

Why do you think Serial Killers Kill?

Here are the top 10 most common traits of Potential Serial Killers.

1. Alcohol and Substance Abuse.
    2. Psychological Abuse During Childhood.
    3. Sexually Stressful Events In Childhood.
    4. Bed Wetting.
    5. Growing Up Feeling Lonely And Isolated.
    6. Dark Fantasies.
    7. Prefer Auto Erotic Fantasies.
    8. Voyeurism.
    9. Acting Out Fantasies On Animals.
    10. Playing With Or Starting Fires.

If a person you know has three or more of those characteristics then they could be in danger of being a serial killer. If they have five or more of those characteristics then they need help.

I've always wondered what makes a serial killer and I've watched a lot of movies and documentaries about them and read almost everything I could find out about them. 

In my work with Catholic Charities I met two serial killers. One was Ted Bundy and the other was John Wayne Gacy. I have two paintings that John Wayne Gacy did and I have several letters Ted Bundy wrote to me. I met these two but I still wonder what made them? Why did they do what they did? How can a person just get up one day and go out and start killing people. How indeed.

1. Zelkiiro profile image84
      Zelkiiroposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You forgot the most important trait: biologically-engineered lack of empathy.

Sometimes, you're just born without the ability to empathize with others. Your brain can't fathom the idea because it doesn't exist for you. Usually, the spot reserved for empathy is filled in by knowledge of societal norms; you don't refrain from killing people because that brings pain to them, you refrain from killing people because society dictates that it's wrong and breaking the law is highly inconvenient to your interests.

But then you have people who lack empathy and don't give a damn about societal law. That's where your serial killers come from.

2. Shyron E Shenko profile image85
      Shyron E Shenkoposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I would say that the man who broke my mother's nose could have been but, he is long gone now. A person who has no remorse for pain or anguish for others they have hurt.

1. Shyron E Shenko profile image85
        Shyron E Shenkoposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I miss worded that, I meant to say a person who has no remorse for pain and anguish hes caused to others.

1. Zelkiiro profile image84
          Zelkiiroposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Ergo, someone without empathy.

2. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

Before I'd believe a word of that, I'd want to know the source and whether it was based on actual data.

1. 0
      Brenda Durhamposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I would too.
      I think the poster may have given the wrong impression by saying a person with three or more of those traits could be in danger of being a serial killer.
      For instance, I bet there are lots of people who used to wet the bed, have abused alcohol or drugs, and felt lonely and isolated growing up,  but who aren't in danger of being serial killers!
      Surely they meant to say that all known serial killers have exhibited at least 3 of those traits on the list.........not that those chararcteristics define who's a potential serial killer or not.

1. crazyhorsesghost profile image87
        crazyhorsesghostposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Exactly. It doesn't mean that the person will be a serial killer only that they could.

It is information widely available to anyone through research.

Just do a search for what makes a serial killer and there will be the information.

3. Mighty Mom profile image89
    Mighty Momposted 3 years ago

And it also helps to be male.
    And left-handed.

4. crazyhorsesghost profile image87
    crazyhorsesghostposted 3 years ago

working