jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Women in the Infantry

1. Stephan Ross profile image60
    Stephan Rossposted 4 years ago

You'd be crazy if you think the military don't want women in the infantry because they think they're incapable, it's the same as discouraging homosexuality. How else are they going to effectively train killing machines for purposes of war if they're all falling in love?

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image85
      Kathryn L Hillposted 4 years ago in reply to this

really!
      But honestly why are men and women going to war at this point. Can't they just not sign up?  I would say... I will help you defend every border but, I will not go over there. Especially with THESE policies in place!

2. Josak profile image60
      Josakposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The anti women in the infantry argument is stupid, the historical effectiveness of female regiments and female soldiers is beyond proven at this point, we can talk about the Dahomey Amazon warriors who were the most feared special forces of a kingdom that lasted 250 years and who defeated modern European armies. But really we should talk about Lyudmila Pavlichenko the female USSR's sniper who had 309 confirmed Nazi German kills including 39 sniper kills. That is pretty much double the record for any US service man at 160, not to mention that Pavlichenko was fighting one of the most effective armies in world history with inferior equipment, fraternization was not a problem to any significant degree.

It's beyond time to accept that many women will make superior soldiers to most men.

2. SpanStar profile image60
    SpanStarposted 4 years ago

It's been a few months back but I did see a report regarding women in the military. I could be wrong on some of my comments since it has been a while since I saw that report but if I'm not mistaken I believe men and women share the same rooms.

Talking privately with reporters it is my understanding that women felt they are being singled out, harassed and raped. Often they rapes are not reported because some women feel there will be retaliation, others are too ashamed to bring their experience out publicly believing it will affect their career in the military. There is still some hostility from males who don't believe women can perform on the battleground the same as men.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image85
      Kathryn L Hillposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The poor guys. I feel sorry they have to take PE with the girls! How can they feel like men. How can they feel the pride of the strength which is theirs and assume their well earned roles as protectors and warriors. They are the strong and the brave. Yes, women are strong and brave, but do they have to bring themselves and (all that means) to the battlefield? And why would they want to? It is beyond common sense and out of alignment with human nature.

Is it a plan to weaken the military?

2. Stephan Ross profile image60
      Stephan Rossposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It would be nice to read the report myself, and where the source of that report came from. Maybe I'm a little optimistic but I'd like to think that most men in the military are actually decent, normal, people that don't mindlessly hate women. I have a hard time picturing a group of men singling out a woman though, I'd imagine they'd fight over them sitting at their table in the mess hall. But then again I've never been there so I can't say. I have a feeling this report was based off a relatively isolated incident, and isn't as common as issue as it makes it out to be.

3. SpanStar profile image60

Ross

This website will present a number of accusations regarding harassment and sexual assault in the military

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=wom … RAT#x0y186

Your comments may be admirable however I've been in the world a long time and the things men do on more than shocking. On the battlefield more likely than not women will be raped. We need only to look around in civilian life and focus on how many women are raped in civilian life.

4. Stephan Ross profile image60
    Stephan Rossposted 4 years ago

That is interesting, I mean I was aware that this is an issue, like many other things, but I was looking at some articles in my spare time and there's actually a shocking amount of man on man sexual assault cases as well.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2 … shame.html

It's interesting because maybe the problem with these sexual assaults issue is a more deeply rooted problem that may not have to do anything with the sex of the assaulter or the assaulted.

5. SpanStar profile image60

Ross,

I would partially agree with the last paragraph you made.

"It's interesting because maybe the problem with these sexual assaults issue is a more deeply rooted problem that may not have to do anything with the sex of the assaulter or the assaulted."

There are those males who undoubtably would sexually assault females and males. However there is the risk of being labeled a homosexual when one engages in sexual acts with males so in order to keep from being labeled homosexual it is my belief that their preference would be female.

Don't get me wrong as far as these sexual acts of violence or concern the real issue is about control and once you strike fear into someone you can easily control them. Pretty much most of the cases I have seen it is nothing more than an act of bullying.

working