Which is more important to discuss?

1. Abbasangel profile image82
    Abbasangelposted 3 years ago

Today I watched the news. Not something I usually do, as I don't like watching about people getting beat up, hurting other people or general other terrible things shown on it daily.

In the unavoidable situation I was in I paid attention:

Two news stories caught my attention:

Australian Crime Commission undercovers wide spread corruption in sport - through all codes after a year long investigation. Which is going on to further investigation at local levels.

We're not exactly shocked, we have suspected this for a long time it is interesting to see it be taken so seriously.

The second story a TV Presenter, Chrissy Swan was caught by paparazzi smoking whilst pregnant.
    She was in tears as she spoke on Television to these accusations.  This has been discussed on social networking media.

The above has not as far as I can see with my average amount of FB friends.

There is something truly wrong about this as a whole: What do you think? Why is this? Why is Chrissy Swan forced to be accountable to us, whilst the Sporting world gets a heads up to find a scapegoat or give it is a nice shiny spin for us all?

1. AEvans profile image73
      AEvansposted 3 years ago in reply to this

What people do on and off camera is truly none of our business. Its the media who believes they are God and tend to sway people and degrade anyone who can be placed into the limelight.

1. Abbasangel profile image82
        Abbasangelposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for replying is that in regards to only the individual or does that cover a whole systemic theme of corruption?

(I agree an individual should not be crucified...) A whole system of liars and cheaters on the other hand ruining the "averages" for up and coming players who will no doubt be sucked in to the corruption to be competitive?