jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

What should president Obama do with Iraq?

1. Coolbreezing profile image67
    Coolbreezingposted 7 years ago

Obama should of course retrieved our militants from Iraq. This is a war that this country should never have gotten involved in. War is a business, and if a business is not making any profit why run it. I mean us the tax payers are the stakeholders, we're investing but we're not seeing any return on our investment, so who do we hold responsible ...our government. If our government are the brokers and they're not investing wisely, why keep them. I know some of you might not like this idea of war being thought of as a business but I got a surprise for you, its precisely that. I know there are moral issues involve, its the most barbaric way of doing business but it is what it is. During war, lots of weapons are sold which creates a demand for the weapons manufactures. The companies who manufactured the militants uniforms get lots of business. The opportunity for promotion among militants rises because more of them are dieing. The advantage for incentive which usually means more money for the soldiers becomes plantifull because they're constantly being promoted to replace dieing militants. The morgue industry is booming because dead bodies brings in more business. And of course if they is a war, they must be fighting for something and that something usually brings money, more power or territory, otherwise why fight.

1. johnb0127 profile image76
      johnb0127posted 7 years ago in reply to this

So you think when terrorists attack our country by flying planes into high populated buildings killing 2,000 people, we shouldn't protect our nation and fight for our freedom?

1. thinking out loud profile image61
        thinking out loudposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Put it on e bay and sell it to the highest bidder.  maybe we can get some of our money back.

2. Paraglider profile image91
    Paragliderposted 7 years ago

Haven't you posted the same message before? It seems very familiar.

1. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60
      VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It is very familiar because it is truth.  War brings more territory... more territory brings more resources and money.. and it continues.  But humanity vanishes when war starts. 
      The cruel minds which plan a war are only to be blamed.   Just because a group is a majority in a pocket of land, they say the land is theirs.  But overall majority of a region may be otherwise. But because a neighbouring country have designs on that territoy, and the local people want a change,, just for a change,  they demand secession and the neighbouring country sow seeds for a rebellion and consequently, a war is bound to break out. A lot of suffering results.

1. Paraglider profile image91
        Paragliderposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I wasn't questioning the message, merely whether or not it had been posted before, verbatim.

3. 59
    NewRepublicanposted 7 years ago

From what I've seen so far, he hasn't done anything much different from what Bush has done.  In fact, if anything, he has sent thousands of more troops into Afghanistan.  If Bush did that, all hell would have broken loose with liberals.  However, since it's Obama, all is quiet.

4. Nickny79 profile image87
    Nickny79posted 7 years ago

I agree.  He default stance is the Bush stance--because that's the right stance.  Jimmy Carter in the making this Obama--especially when he gets the courage to show the American people his true radical views on things.  Every Democrat must pretend to be a moderate to get a hearing in this country (i.e. they my lie and pretend they are not radical).

1. Paraglider profile image91
      Paragliderposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Any chance of translating that into English?

5. RKHenry profile image80
    RKHenryposted 7 years ago

He's been busy at work.  Jimmy Carter was useless even as he pretended to be working on Nixon/Ford's messes.  This President has a lot more on the table.  Rep.Pres.Ford- Rep.Pres. Nixon pardons, gas crisis and middle east crisis.  Carter was left to pick up 6 yrs of Watergate, Energy Crisis and the Middle East mess left by Republican Presidents who put the Shaw of Iran in charge.  Obama's mess from Bush's Pres. out numbers Carters 80:1.  The man has been in office 2 months.  Bush was in office 8 years and never did one thing to benefit the American populace.  Give Obama time. Peanuts anyone?

1. 0
      Leta Sposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thank you, again...

6. Josh Frusciante profile image59
    Josh Fruscianteposted 7 years ago

Whatever he does all of his minions will surely support him. People follow him blindly. Whatever he says is law! All bow down to Obama.

1. RKHenry profile image80
      RKHenryposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That is not true of all Obama followers.  I see just fine thank you.