jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Political Dynasty

1. PaoloJpm profile image69
    PaoloJpmposted 3 years ago

My country is currently having this type of political act

1. 0
      Brenda Durhamposted 3 years ago in reply to this

What country?
      And do you mean that the government has been controlled by successive rulers of the same family for many years or what?

PaoloJpmposted 3 years ago in reply to this

oh, sorry I forgot to mention, Philippines. No, it's just that most of this year's election are relatives and even father and son. freaks me out a little bit

1. 0
          Brenda Durhamposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I see.    Well, yes I suppose that's a bit of cause for concern.
          I don't know much about the history of the Phillipines,  but was reading some.   Since it used to be a U.S. territory,  I think this Preamble to the Constitution shows how closely your Government is still set up parallel to the U.S. Constitution------?

Preamble of the 1987 Constitution

The Preamble reads:
          “     Preamble

We, the sovereign Filipino people, imploring the aid of the Almighty God, in order to build a just and humane society, and establish a Government that shall embody our ideals and aspirations, promote the common good, conserve and develop our patrimony, and secure to ourselves and our posterity, the blessings of independence and democracy under the rule of law and a regime of truth, justice, freedom, love, equality, and peace, do ordain and promulgate this Constitution.[1

I like that.

PaoloJpmposted 3 years ago in reply to this

yes.indeed,  I am just annoyed about it. Because the power (I think) was used by those family instead

working