jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)

Gun Background Checks

1. profile image0
    JaxsonRaineposted 4 years ago

They are important, right?

A member of the DoJ just testified that our government can't be bothered with prosecuting perjuries on background checks. Out of 70,000 fraudulent cases, 13 were prosecuted to a plea.

What's the point of having laws that we don't enforce, then adding more laws that we won't enforce?

1. Dont Taze Me Bro profile image60
      Dont Taze Me Broposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Guns are your pet subject isn't it! smile Ironic isn't it that the DOJ, probably the biggest gun runner of all time (fast and furious) is tasked with enforcing those laws.

1. profile image0
        JaxsonRaineposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It's the only major attack on Constitutional rights at the moment. Don't get me started on PATRIOT and NDAA sad

These clowns are testifying before the judiciary committee... saying we need to focus on PREVENTION but they can't be BOTHERED to actually prosecute them.

1. Dont Taze Me Bro profile image60
          Dont Taze Me Broposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think the main reason this administration is pressing gun laws is because after they are shot down they can blame Republicans. Uniformed voters (who are in their back pocket already) will stay on their side or even booster their ranks because "the nasty Republicans and gun lobby want children to be killed." That is the way they will paint it and they always need another issue for the uninformed emotion motivated voters to glum onto.

2. rhamson profile image76
      rhamsonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Well you have to admit if you want to press the issue of gun ownership it is far easier to look the legal gun owner up in the book and go directly to where he lives rather than hunting down the secretive criminal who has no name on file as a gun owner do you. Bureaucracy at its laziest.

3. tsadjatko profile image88
      tsadjatkoposted 4 years ago in reply to this

No matter what your opinion, you need to see this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … Zo4hbGJjVI

1. rhamson profile image76
        rhamsonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The underlying opinion that the second amendment was added was to allow hunters to protect themselves in the wilderness setting and hunt is offset by the militia clause. The founding forefathers had just declared us free from the tyranny of King George III and understood that the ability to defend oneself from ones own government was just as important.Hitler understood this too and we see what happened there.

working