jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Accountability and Torture

1. 0
    Sooner28posted 3 years ago

Since our current politicians have refused to prosecute the war criminals Bush and Cheney, I think the next best thing is for history to eviscerate their already tarnished legacy.

The U.N. is helping do just that, and I am glad to see it.  I wish other countries would threaten imprisonment of Bush and Cheney when they travel, to ensure their only safe heaven from justice is the land of the free and the home of the brave.  http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/03/04/u … e-program/

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

So you think US prosecutors should take up a "crime" which was not illegal and we should make all internal, classified CIA documents available to the world?

Good thinking, there.  Both of these should be extremely valuable to the US.

1. 0
        Sooner28posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Human rights should not be violated.

2. Josak profile image60
        Josakposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Torture is illegal under the Geneva convention (the US is a signatory to) and water boarding (as the international courts have confirmed by precedent is torture) Bush has admitted to ordering water boardings thus he is guilty of international war crimes and should face trial. It's as simple as that.

CIA files can be properly redacted to remove any sensitive information to national security, releasing records of torture when properly redacted has no consequences for national security which is just a very weak excuse used by those attempting to keep self confessed war criminals from justice.

2. Zelkiiro profile image84
    Zelkiiroposted 3 years ago

If Cheney didn't serve jailtime for shooting a guy in the face, I doubt he's gonna be jailed for his multiple crimes against humanity (unrelated to hunting).

1. 0
      Sooner28posted 3 years ago in reply to this

In his defense, the accident looked like an accident tongue.