jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

North Korea's Most Recent Nuclear Test?

1. 0
    il Scetticoposted 3 years ago

North Korea recently tested their third nuclear missile, bringing them a step closer to their goal of having missiles that can reach the U.S.  In light of this, N. Korea also "vowed" to end the cease-fire that ended the Korean War in 1953 (AP News).  The claim for doing this is in response to "U.S. Hostilities" (you know, from 1953?).

Should we be worried about this, or is this just another idle threat for North Korea?

2. Zelkiiro profile image84
    Zelkiiroposted 3 years ago

North Korea is nothing but a bloated pushover. The real threat comes from South Korea's unbearable dance-pop.

1. 84
      Education Answerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

While I admire your humor, I must disagree and say that any country armed with nuclear bombs is a threat when it clearly states that you are a target.

3. sabrebIade profile image85
    sabrebIadeposted 3 years ago

I can't figure out why we are so wound up to go after Iran because they MIGHT get a nuke and we have NK with nukes and saying “The [North] Korean People’s Army is armed with powerful modern weapons [that can defeat the United States] at a single blow,” but we ignore that.
    No wait...we DID send Dennis Rodman over there.
    All is well.

1. 84
      Education Answerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

That's the reason we "ignore" their threats and the reason Iran wants the nuke.  We treat countries with nuclear power differently.