jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)

North Korea vows a nuclear attack on the US, will you survive?

1. Brian Freeman profile image60
    Brian Freemanposted 3 years ago

Could you survive a post nuclear attacked America?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image85
      Uninvited Writerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It's not going to happen.

1. Brian Freeman profile image60
        Brian Freemanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

That wasn't the question, but I appreciate your foresight.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image85
          Uninvited Writerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Well, I could ask you will you survive if the nuclear power plant next to you explodes? I think the two have as much chance of happing, actually North Korea having the capability is less that a nuclear plant exploding.

2. Brian Freeman profile image60

I guess my question was unclear. Could you survive a post nuclear attacked America? I am not asking if you would survive the blast. what I am referring to is a complete breakdown of security and our way of life for a short or long period of time.

2. Zelkiiro profile image82
    Zelkiiroposted 3 years ago

Unless they're making a super-bomb the size of the Moon, chances are you'll survive if you don't live within 5 miles of the missiles' target areas. Since I live in the middle of nowhere, I'll be fine.

This is, of course, assuming that North Korea is even telling the truth about its missile tests. lol North Korea

3. SpanStar profile image61
    SpanStarposted 3 years ago

The survivability of a nuclear blast is pretty much next to nil. A five-mile radius away from Ground Zero might reduce the searing heat that has already incinerated other people but rest assured the radiation extending beyond 5 miles will most certainly kill you.

I cannot conceive one nuclear blast on any country that has nuclear capabilities as being the only missile fired. That one nuclear blast will inevitably trigger a cascade of nuclear weapons being fired. Prepared to meet the stone age.

4. sabrebIade profile image85
    sabrebIadeposted 3 years ago

Even if NK does manage to launch one, we have been practicing for that since the 1950s with the Russians and the Chinese.
    They knew (know) the only chance they had was to launch attacks ala Missile Command, fire so many we couldn't stop all of them.
    NK lobs ONE at us?
    They'll be lucky if it doesn't detonate right over their own heads as soon as it is launched courtesy of a "Private Fishing Boat" off the coast, or a "Weather Satellite" in Earth orbit armed with Anti-ballistic missiles.

Yeah I know that really doesn't answer the original question, but I'm trying to figure out who could attack us with out the old Mutual assured destruction thing.

5. Stacie L profile image86
    Stacie Lposted 3 years ago

Well Dennis Rodman should have stayed away. Its strange that they should make this announcement right after his visit! yikes
    http://dallasmorningviewsblog.dallasnews.com/files/2013/03/517820813_29898055.jpg

1. MelissaBarrett profile image60
      MelissaBarrettposted 3 years ago in reply to this

If I thought the best representative for the US was Dennis Rodman, I'd want to nuke us too.

1. gmwilliams profile image85
        gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Melissa, great repartee, spot on. But on a more serious note, if North Korea decides to nuke the United States, they will first of all dismantle the bigger industrial and commercial centers such as Washington D.C. and New York City as these cities are the centers of government and commerce.   When these cities are nuked, basically the governmental and economic systems will be destroyed.  As a result of this, those who survive will have no choice but to revert to a basic survivalist environment.  Some societies will develop self-government and altruism regarding their fellow humans whereas others will develop more of a ME and SURVIVAL AT ALL COSTS mentality where the strongest will take all.

1. sabrebIade profile image85
          sabrebIadeposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Why in the world would you think NK could slip a nuke past US air defenses?

2. Brian Freeman profile image60

Their needs to be a "like" button for comments like that!

working