jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Illegal Seizure is Legal with Homeland Security

1. 84
    Education Answerposted 3 years ago

Did you know that the Department of Homeland Security recently reaffirmed its own right to search and seize your electronics without suspicion or cause?  Doesn't this sound like an illegal search and seizure?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/tarunwadhwa … uspicion/#

President Bush signed the Patriot Act, and the government openly listened to our calls and viewed our emails.  The POTUS renewed the Patriot Act.  The POTUS now has a kill list with American names on it.  The POTUS has authorized drone missions over America.  The Department of Homeland Security can take your  computer or phone without a warrant.  Does this seem American to you?

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Please, what names are on the list, and where and when did those drone attacks take place?

1. 84
        Education Answerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

"The administration has been trying to keep details of its drone program under wraps, arguing that to make it public could threaten national security."

http://www.npr.org/2013/02/12/171719082 … kill-lists

"In addition, it justifies the gathering of data on domestic targets in certain circumstances."

2. paradigmsearch profile image91
      paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Tweeted the critter. For all the good it will do... Oh, well...

2. 84
    Education Answerposted 3 years ago

Look, I don't have a problem with drones, just like I don't have a problem with guns.  What I do have a problem with is the person who uses drones against Americans or the person who even thinks about using them against Americans.  Drones are a military weapon that should be used against the enemy, not our own citizens.  This reminds me of the Chinese using tanks, in Tiananmen Square, against their own people.