jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

5TH year in office, BO finally does something right

1. innersmiff profile image78
    innersmiffposted 4 years ago

Obama elects not to pursue states that have legalised cannabis.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/pre … Msv8m_ok_a

2. Alberic O profile image79
    Alberic Oposted 4 years ago

I thought this was old news. Now if he has the balls to cut at least half of the foreign aid, I will be happy.

3. Dale Hyde profile image86
    Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago

I do believe that "President" Obama has accomplished much more.  At least have respect for the President and address him by title!  That is proper... You do know what "proper" is?  He is NOT "Obama" or "BO"...geeze.. you guys lack so much.

innersmiffposted 4 years ago in reply to this

First of all, as a British person, I am not sure what requirement there is for me to address your President by his 'proper' name, and I'm not sure I have a moral requirement either. He is a man like any other and if I want to shorten it so it will fit within the character restriction for a thread title, I will do it.

Furthermore, I offer no respect to a man responsible for thousands of innocents' deaths, the gutting of an economy and the destruction of civil liberties.

1. Dale Hyde profile image86
        Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Lol, I can see why we left British rule.  I respect the majority of world leaders and address them by title.  I would not refer to your prime minister by first or last name without the proper title nor the Queen... I lack an ability you have....snobbishness.

Have a great day. smile

You left British rule so you wouldn't be subjugated to illegitimate power and false titles such as 'King', yet here you are defending them and insisting I do the same. This is snobbishness, my friend.

I don't call Hitler the Fuhrer, Stalin 'Comrade', and I wouldn't expect you to call the British Prime Minister anything you didn't want to. Personally, I call him Dave.

Well there was attitude there as well as for the reasoning of my ancestor's desire to leave British rule. 

Irregardless, I shall refrain from any further contribution to this lame topic/thread.  It is all about speculation anyway, with no proof.  I shall now unfollow it, so no need to reply back as I will not waste my "American" time here, lol.  Again, have a great day. smile

Okay, well thanks for your "contribution".

2. Seth Winter profile image84
      Seth Winterposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hey Dale instead of POTUS can I shorten his title to POS?

First you go after another hubber for practicing their freedom of speech and then you talk crap about why we left the British? Didn't we leave British rule to get away from clowns (no offense Brit-those leaders are 200 years dead) telling us how to live and act?

Furthermore lets examine the word respect.

A feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements...that's the definition of the word.

Ability, quality or Achievements...besides becoming President no other achievements really stand out and if your going to give respect to whatever clown is currently in office just because of the office doesn't that make your respect worthless? Shouldn't respect be earned not freely given on a political whim?

As for me...I see the President as a opportunist racist, who's bad policies is driving this nation further into the toilet.

smile

4. innersmiff profile image78
    innersmiffposted 4 years ago

This is, of course, nothing to shout about. The federal government has no right to prohibit the voluntary consumption of any substance. So, perhaps we should reserve our praise for when Obama actively does something good rather than refraining from doing something bad.

working