Will Christie sign gay conversion therapy?

1. Mighty Mom profile image90
    Mighty Momposted 3 years ago

There's a bill about to hit Chris Christie's desk that would ban the practice of gay "conversion" therapy for children under 18 in NJ. The type of therapy Michele Bachmann's husband makes his living doing.
    Treating homosexuality as a "curable" "mental illness."

(Who knew they did that in NJ? Not I. I'm surprised, actually.)

Once again, Christie blazes his own path in between party stances. No WONDER he was left out of CPAC!

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/20 … d-by-rival

Do you think he will end up signing it or not?
    What will fallout be for him either way, if any?

2. Dr Billy Kidd profile image90
    Dr Billy Kiddposted 3 years ago

Wow. Great question. I gues if one thinks homosexuality is curable, then one would have to think of it as a disease.

In my world, the older gay men that I know all knew they were different before the whole thing was ever discussed with them. Some of them are bisexual but prefer men. The issue, here, is possibly that male and female are not such black and white concepts as was once thought they were.

I also know that no amount of therapy or torture would change my gender preference. And I'm wondering if anyone reading this thinks that he or she could be changed to look at sex differently. Ask any sexologist, there's only a few people who are confused about their gender identity. And that is considered a problem only if the person thinks its a problem. I  would guess that Cristie will sign the bill. He's his own man and does not appear to be governed by reactionary ideologies.