the newest QE fiasco of the Federal Reserve

1. SparklingJewel profile image68
    SparklingJewelposted 3 years ago

I don't pretend to understand everything about economics, but I do have the common sense to recognize that you can't balance a budget with continual spending and no cutting of expenses...that much I get about Ron Paul's perspective from experience on economics … o-federal/

input from anyone else?

2. innersmiff profile image88
    innersmiffposted 3 years ago

Quantitative easing (see: printing money, the non-Orwellian way of saying it), is the most insidious method of taxation as it destroys your purchasing power whilst making the 1% even richer. The money is first distributed to those closest to government, and only filters down to the lowest income brackets once the purchasing power has been lost. Politicians talk of increasing the money supply 'whilst fighting inflation', but the original definition of inflation was the increase in the money supply. The definition has now shifted to one of the results of money creation: the rise in prices. The combination of that artificial separation of definitions and the misleading CPI stats allows the Fed to print as much as it wants whilst providing the illusion that it is helping the economy, not harming it. Now the only thing keeping the economy going is QE stimulus, so they're not going to stop in a hurry. But now, the misallocation of resources due to the practice requires a recession to fix it. The collapse is inevitable, and the longer it is propped up by QE the worse it will be.

How many people honestly find themselves richer than they were before QE1?