jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Puritannical Nonsense

1. 0
    Sooner28posted 3 years ago

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/2 … 32686.html

What kind of person does this?  If someone makes a sexual joke, not directed at you or about you, that you just happen to overhear, it is a complete overreaction to post a picture of them on twitter and complain about it!  This is childish and immature.  It reminds me of when I was young, and my siblings would tell my mom if I said fart or butt, just to get me in trouble.

1. Silverspeeder profile image60
      Silverspeederposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Her reaction says more about her than it does about women in general,  most of the women who work with me would have a witty retort or an excellent riposte to belittle a male in any situation.

1. 0
        Sooner28posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Well, if they had directed it towards her, I would understand being upset.  She was being nosy and listening in, so I have no sympathy.

2. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

I recognize the personality-type. I pity her coworkers that have to work with her day in and day out.

3. innersmiff profile image88
    innersmiffposted 3 years ago

At times like this I feel like abandoning intellectualism and just telling people to grow up.

4. tirelesstraveler profile image86
    tirelesstravelerposted 3 years ago

That person has too much time on their hands.

5. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 3 years ago

Bad move that cost her and a father of 3 children their jobs.  The tweet was poor taste, posting a pic was stupid.   

A witty response would have sufficed if she felt she had to say anything at all..

6. Theophanes profile image95
    Theophanesposted 3 years ago

Things like these annoy me. The woman who made the tweet obviously has some deep-rooted issues of her own and she's expressing them by getting other people in trouble. It's not fair, it makes no sense, and for pity's sake she's a grown woman! She is perfectly capable of turning around and glaring at them, asking them to pipe down, or just finding another seat! We can't all live in fear of what someone might do to us when we're not behaving like church mice. No one's perfect and telling the occasional bawdy joke can be entertaining and stress relieving. I guess all I am saying is she needs to get those serious bunches out of her panties. Life does not have to be that serious! She must be real fun at social gatherings. Just wow.