jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

Hey Chicken Little! The sky is no longer falling!

1. Barefootfae profile image60
    Barefootfaeposted 3 years ago

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/fe … 6609140980

I see more and more of these yet someone will get on here and tell me it's wrong.

1. Zelkiiro profile image83
      Zelkiiroposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Just because it's not rising as fast as predicted doesn't mean it's not still rising.

1. 0
        JaxsonRaineposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Actually, they haven't risen at all.

2. Old Poolman profile image82
      Old Poolmanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Both sides of this issue have a 50% chance of being right or wrong, yet nothing will change their minds.
      Perhaps if we eliminated all of the people from the planet we would know the truth in a few hundred years.

3. Josak profile image61
      Josakposted 3 years ago in reply to this

What the article does not mention is the massive increase in adverse weather effects across the world in the last decade one of the warning sings of global change.

It's also a matter of temperature extremes, for example in 1997 we had the highest global temperature in human record (about 100 years of records) since 1997 we have hit or surpassed that temperature four times, and yet we have also seen deeper troughs making the average a rise (but a relatively small one) the effects are visible to anyone who has suffered the massive droughts, cyclones, Sandy, wildfires etc.

The equation is incredibly simple, we KNOW greenhouse gasses create global warming, you can test it in a greenhouse and past periods of massive volcanic activity have done it to the earth before and we KNOW we are creating greenhouse gasses it is beyond blind to add 1+1 and get anything other than 2: humans are causing global warming.

1. Cody Hodge5 profile image83
        Cody Hodge5posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Its funny, because in terms of the Earth, 20 years is like a millisecond. It's like looking at the temperature at 6pm and then looking at the temperature again at 6:00:01 and concluding that the temperatures arent really rising because for a split second nothing happened.

2. 84
    Education Answerposted 3 years ago

I'm a conservative, but I know that we need to take care of our planet.  We spend so much time debating whether or not there is global warming that we lose sight of what I believe is the real issue.  Regardless of whether there is global warming or not, we need to be responsible and take care of our land, water, and air.  To me, this whole discussion is a distraction from that point.

1. John Holden profile image61
      John Holdenposted 3 years ago in reply to this

1. Cletus Jones profile image60
        Cletus Jonesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

1. Soul Man Dancer profile image61
          Soul Man Dancerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Make that 3.

3. Seth Winter profile image84
    Seth Winterposted 3 years ago

You mean the same scientists that would kill people for claiming the earth wasn't flat are wrong? Who knew.