jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (21 posts)

We got it made

1. Petra Vlah profile image60
    Petra Vlahposted 3 years ago

With Obama returning 5% of his salary our worry should be put to rest. The "big saving" will probably go to other extravagant spending of the administration and we will still be where we are right now (deep Sh@it that is)

2. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 3 years ago

Now, that is admirable smile I think ALL politicians should do that .... FOR THE PEOPLE since the People already give so much. Don't think we'll ever see that in Canada tongue operation fraudulent elections and finding a 'fall guy' is their fave game lately hmm

Petra Vlahposted 3 years ago in reply to this

More than anything else this is a symbolic gesture and it has no real impact other than showing his "concern" for people who are hurting.
      Sure 5% is better than nothing, but considering his expensive golf expeditions this is a drop in a bucket that has no bottom

1. gmwilliams profile image82
        gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.

Would this amount to the trillions of dollars we are in debt?!

3. healthyfitness profile image84
    healthyfitnessposted 3 years ago

I personally believe that politicians shouldn't get paid at all tongue

1. John Holden profile image60
      John Holdenposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Problem with that is that you end up with the rich and powerful even more firmly entrenched in government as they are the only ones able to afford to do the job..

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
        Uninvited Writerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Or you open up the door for more acceptance of bribes...

4. psycheskinner profile image79
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

The bucket needs to be filled with a lot of drops.  So it sounds like a start.

5. Reality Bytes profile image93
    Reality Bytesposted 3 years ago

The Obama's will consume more than 5% of his salary on caviar alone! 

Spending on White House dinners soars under Obama

"President Obama has spent far more lavishly on White House state dinners than previous chief executives, including nearly $1 million on a 2010 dinner for Mexico's president, according to documents obtained by The Washington Examiner."

http://washingtonexaminer.com/spending- … le/2511758

1. Cletus Jones profile image61
      Cletus Jonesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Deleted

1. Reality Bytes profile image93
        Reality Bytesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Denial is not a river in Egypt!

It’s Good to be King: The Extravagance of the Obama Family

On Thanksgiving, the Obamas had a feast that would have made Marie Antoinette green with envy. President Obama spends outrageous sums of money for lavish dinners and his family gets multiple vacations per year. Meanwhile, 23 million Americans are still out of work and we have to hear from our King President that the rich are evil and that he is the friend of the middle class.

However, since ascending to the highest office, President Obama has spoken a great deal about everybody pitching in, making do with less to get out of this crisis that he and his Marxist allies made infinitely more volatile.

However, for him and his family, there’s nothing too good. In 3 years, Michelle Obama took 16 vacations! She flies around the world on our taxpayer-funded plane while her husband tells us how he’s a friend of the middle class.
        The royal treatment doesn’t stop there; Obama has taken to throwing lavish dinners with celebrity chefs, event planners and has even had Beyonce perform for him and his guests. In May 2012, Obama threw a dinner for Mexican President Felipe Calderon that cost $969,793. Gary Walters, the Chief Usher for the White House for every President from Reagan to George W. Bush says the highest costing dinner he can remember was in the $190,000 to $200,000 range.
        http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/i … n-3348419/

2. Soul Man Dancer profile image60
        Soul Man Dancerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

He heard about the White House Budget on Fox News and they twisted it to look like the Obamas spend their personal money on caviar. Really, what if they do? They can afford it, but not as much as the Bushes, who consume more now than the White House.

Haha,  I do not even own a television!

And then?

1. Soul Man Dancer profile image60

You don't need to. You own a computer.

Who are you?

Who are you? Who, who, who, who?

I woke up in a Soho doorway
              A policeman knew my name
              He said, "You can go sleep at home tonight
              If you can get up and walk away"

The Who

1. Soul Man Dancer profile image60

That's what I thought.

'Who am I?' The physical body, composed of the seven dhatus, is not 'I'. The five sense organs… and the five types of perception known through the senses… are not 'I'. The five parts of the body which act… and their functions… are not 'I'. The five vital airs such as prana, which perform the five vital functions such as respiration, are not 'I'. Even the mind that thinks is not 'I'. In the state of deep sleep vishaya vasanas remain. Devoid of sensory knowledge and activity, even this [state] is not 'I'. After negating all of the above as 'not I, not I', the knowledge that alone remains is itself 'I'. The nature of knowledge is sat-chit-ananda [being-consciousness-bliss].

Sri Ramana Maharshi

1. Cletus Jones profile image61
                    Cletus Jonesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Deleted

2. bBerean profile image60
                bBereanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

That's all I really wanna know.

2. Petra Vlah profile image60

Cletus Jones,
          If the Obamas spend their PERSONAL money on champagne and caviar that is perfectly fine with me, BUT if they spend our money (and I can assure you they DO), that is not the change we voted for - twice!

6. Reality Bytes profile image93
    Reality Bytesposted 3 years ago

The Hubless wonders, in formation!

lol

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTzZfeY3Sw3dWVKT43Rx5bAis49xjtxPxLYi4UB7fWmDioCAwscWQ

working