The News April 6, 2013

1. tirelesstraveler profile image87
    tirelesstravelerposted 3 years ago

In the mail from Prison Fellowship International last week.  Help with donations for children, around the world, who are born while their mothers are in prison.  The children live in squalor with their mothers as long as she is in prison. They have no protection, little to eat, no schooling.  If someone will take them to school they are free to go, if someone will take them and care for them. 
    #1This mornings big headline on KCBS radio is the California prison system is being sued because inmates are not getting sufficient mental heath care. 
    #2  Another KCBS headline: Mumbai, India, a building collapsed killing 72 people sending 72 people to the hospital they have given up searching for bodies.  The builders of the sub par apartments, which is a common occurrence in India, are on the run from the law.
    #3.  California has determined after investigating the fire at the Chevron oil refinery in August 2012 that another layer of regulators need to be created.  The fire sent 15,000 people to hospitals to seek medical care for smoke related suffering. 

(authors note: Chevron started paying medical  bills immediately for those 15,000 people).

2. kj force profile image76
    kj forceposted 3 years ago

Wow...Of all the great things that are going on in the world , this is the " headlines of the day " ?
    Best way to depress people is to give more depressing news, which aggravates and riles people up...
    Do they think by spreading this information the people will take the attitude " oh, I guess I don't have it so bad after all "...naught !!! I read an article in the paper not to long ago regarding some disgruntled prisoners complaining about the conditions they were living was so ludicrous I had to write a poem and published on HP...this was my take on the whole issue.....hope I did not offend anyone...
    and no animals were hurt during the construction of this hub....
      "No strife eliminated from my life...."

1. tirelesstraveler profile image87
      tirelesstravelerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Wonderful comment! Going to look up the poem.