jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Boston, Massachusetts Bombing

1. writinglover profile image81
    writingloverposted 3 years ago

Right now, I'm following live updates on Yahoo about this tragedy. It's just terrible. Two were confirmed dead and hundreds wounded. There is so much speculation as to what could have been the cause and, of course, terrorism being the first possibility (and seemingly the only possibility to some people). What the heck is wrong with the world?

2. writinglover profile image81
    writingloverposted 3 years ago

An update: an 8 year-old child was one of two victims killed. An 8-year-old! I know it's pathetic that I'm replying to my own forum, but I need an outlet! Again, what the heck has the world come to (an age-old question)?

3. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 3 years ago

It has been officially determined to be a "terrorism event".  It has not been made clear (and maybe isn't even known yet - who knows..) whether that's a case of domestic, or other form of, terrorism is not known.  They are officially calling it "a coordinated event"

The governor and Federal officials have acknowledged/stated that much.

1. Zelkiiro profile image84
      Zelkiiroposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Given that this happened during a period time supposedly infamous for domestic terrorist acts (April 10th-15th), it would be best to operate under the assumption that that's what this is.

1. writinglover profile image81
        writingloverposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yeah. Now, they found that pressure cookers were used with a lot of explosives. Well, I suppose that would make sense. To me, it's clear that someone had plenty of knowledge behind such things. I don't know about you guys, but somebody knew what they were doing.

4. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 3 years ago

It's so sad.  I hope those in critical condition will be ok.  My heart goes to those who lost a loved one.
    It was a somber day today, kids can feel this kind of unrest and it affects them without them knowing one thing about it.