jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

Boston Marathon Bombings

1. 0
    anndangoposted 3 years ago

I am saddened and sickened to hear about the tragedy in Boston. I am a runner, and although have never run the Boston Marathon, any race should be a celebratory accomplishment. As a Canadian, my heart and thoughts go out to Bostonians, the marathon participants and spectators, and to all Americans.

1. kthix10 profile image85
      kthix10posted 3 years ago in reply to this

I am training for the Chicago Marathon right now and this just break my heart and I just don't understand it.

1. 0
        anndangoposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I think a piece of everyone's heart has been broken.

2. Jacante profile image79
      Jacanteposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I'm a avid runner from the Greater Boston area, therefore many of my friends/family/training buddies were racing and spectating along the route today. 

It's absolute mayhem here, but lots of inspiring stories starting to emerge such as the many runners showing up at Mass General to donate blood (after running a marathon - amazing) and the throngs of residents offering housing to those displaced from Copley area hotels.   Bostonians are hearty stock, so nice to see people pulling together to help in the aftermath.

Such a senseless tragedy, I'm keeping all the victims & their families in my heart.

1. SimeyC profile image87
        SimeyCposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It is wonderful to see the strength and courage of most people in times of adversity! It's a shocking tragedy but Boston will come through with their strength....

2. 0
        anndangoposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It's so senseless. So surreal. I hope all your friends and family are okay, Janante