jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Boston Bombing

1. theclerk profile image79
    theclerkposted 3 years ago

What do you think?

2. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 3 years ago

I notice Obama pointedly did not use the "t" word in his speech.
    Wonder who will take the "credit" for this cowardly, horrible act???

1. Cody Hodge5 profile image83
      Cody Hodge5posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Sadly, I'm wondering when conservatives will twist this for political gain...

1. Clint Ward profile image59
        Clint Wardposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Do you mean conservatives like Steny Hoyer and Barney Franks?

Asked by a reporter whether Monday's attack makes the argument for addressing sequestration, Hoyer explained, "I think there are multiple reasons for ensuring that we invest in our security -- both domestic and international security. That we invest in the education of our children. That we invest in growing jobs in America. And don't pursue an irrational, across-the-board policy of cutting the highest priorities and the lowest priorities essentially the same percentage.... I think this is another proof of that -- if proof is needed, which I don't think frankly it is."

“Yes, exactly — I’m talking common sense,” Frank said. “I’m saying that if the sequester had gone through, as we had not had enough money, we couldn’t be able to do this. Yeah. I’m making an argument about reality. And I think that’s the only sensible response. We are spending a great deal of public money here. I am glad that we are.”

Frank called it a “teaching moment.”

“And yes, I do want maybe for this to have some people be less enthusiastic about reducing our ability to respond to a crisis like this."

2. psycheskinner profile image82
      psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I doubt it was pointed as the government had already categorized it as a terroristic act when he gave that speech.

3. innersmiff profile image86
    innersmiffposted 3 years ago

Writes Hans Damaske on the Boston bombing:

"My heart goes out to the innocent victims of this tragedy, and their families. However, I couldn't help but wonder, upon hearing the news, which of my few remaining liberties will be denied to me to prevent this from 'ever happening again'. Until it does happen again, of course. At which point the bureaucrats will assume even more power."

"Never let a good crisis go to waste" - Rahm Emmanuel.

1. American View profile image61
      American Viewposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You mean like the Democrat congressman who blamed the GOP for the bombing because they did not approve the ATF appointment?  Or like MSNBC blaming the right as long time radical bombers, I guess he never heard of the Chicago Seven, or the The Symbionese Liberation Army.

1. John Holden profile image61
        John Holdenposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Ah, the Chicago Seven!

"President Lyndon Johnson's Attorney General, Ramsey Clark, discouraged an indictment, believing that the violence during the convention was primarily caused by actions of the Chicago police."

1. American View profile image61
          American Viewposted 3 years ago in reply to this

AH  Liberal Democrat Attorney General Ramsey ClarK, Imagine that: he discouraged prosecution of the Left group CHicago Seven. Kind of sounds like Liberal Democrat Attorney General Eric Holder refusing to prosecute the liberal Black Panthers. Hmm, a pattern there?

BTW, you think the convention was the only action the seven ever took alone or collectively?

4. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 3 years ago