jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (31 posts)

US troops to Syria

1. marwan asmar profile image70
    marwan asmarposted 4 years ago

Should America send troops to Syria and end the Baathist regime.........

1. HowardBThiname profile image90
      HowardBThinameposted 4 years ago in reply to this

So the religious extremists can rise to power?

2. xstatic profile image60
    xstaticposted 4 years ago

Not going to happen.

1. tirelesstraveler profile image87
      tirelesstravelerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

He is going to "Wage The Dog" to divert from Benghazi.  I certainly hope I am wrong.

3. maxoxam41 profile image79
    maxoxam41posted 4 years ago

America has already sent its troops to Syria. It's been two years now that Syria has been under attack, where do you think it comes from? Israel has just decided to attack it. Why is it that Israel can attack whatever country without any reprisals if it's not supported by the US. I hope that it will backfire. That all those radical islam puppets will decide for whatever reason that their real enemy, and considering the American change of heart, has always been Israel.

1. Silverspeeder profile image60
      Silverspeederposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I take you are all for the anhilation of Israel then.
      I take it you are all for the Islamists taking over the Middle East.
      Maybe if the UN had stepped in sooner the Islamic terrorist wouldn't have got a foothold in the Middle East and the people of the region wouldn't have had to suffer so much at their hands.

1. maxoxam41 profile image79
        maxoxam41posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Indeed I could be since it is annihilating its neighborhood without any remorse! The middle east is muslim already, what are you talking about? The UN? You don't know what you are talking about?
        If the takfirists are over there fighting baaths isn't it because we are supporting them? Isn't it because we are supporting saudi arabia, all those extremists/fascists? Isn't it because we don't want any competitors in the region?

1. HowardBThiname profile image90

That might be the most amazing distortion of Israel/Arab relations that I've heard in a long time.

2. Silverspeeder profile image60
          Silverspeederposted 4 years ago in reply to this

But with your support of the opponents of Israel you are on the side of those extremists/fascists.
          Indeed the UN haven't got a clue what they are talking about, that's because its full of political elite with self serving interests.
          Israel has had to fight for every minute of its survival against the Muslims and others who do not recognise its right to exist, do you really think that the Muslim brothers would let it be in peace even if it did return to its pre 1967 borders?

2. Josak profile image60
        Josakposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Let's see, I am for democratic countries electing the leaders they want in that region. I am also for Israel returning to it's legal UN defined borders.

1. Superkev profile image87
          Superkevposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Since when does the UN get to define a sovereign country's borders?

1. Josak profile image60

Actually that is one of it's primary functions, to legislate and decide border disputes.

"All Members shall refrain in their international relations from the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of any state, or in any other manner inconsistent with the Purposes of the United Nations."
            from the UN charter

Or I guess will pass a sternly worded resolution huh?

What an utterly useless organization, corrupt too.

1. Josak profile image60

Useless in the sense of Israel due to the US veto yes.

Useless in the sense of being useless.

They are like British cops who are unarmed: "STOP! Or I'll say STOP again!!"

That kind of useless.

1. Josak profile image60

Britain has a pretty low crime rate for having a force of purely useless cops tongue you are four times more likely to be murdered in the US so by that measure I think they are better.

I don't know much about Britain but in New Zealand where I lived for several years the police are unarmed and far more feared than here. Criminals in New Zealand know that if you make them call an armed squad the armed squad will just kill you thus they have guns laws which are in some ways more permissive than ours and yet hardly any gun crime.

2. profile image61
                Lie Detectorposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I was thinking the same thing, what would the U.N. do and who cares?

1. Josak profile image60

It is you know the regulating body for such things.  But Israel will collapse without any involvement from them, within the next twenty five years the Muslim population of Israel will outnumber the Jewish population and in a democracy...

1. profile image61
                    Lie Detectorposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You seem overjoyed with the thought of another Muslim led country. I don't think Israel will allow it and I hope they use force to prevent it.

2. HowardBThiname profile image90

If that happens, Josak, it will be after a genocide of immense proportions that will end up with the US declaring war on the Middle East and turning much of the land there to glass. Anything that can be done to stop such silliness should be of utmost importance.

The Western world will never accept sharia as law - because it's fundamentally flawed. We're trying to eradicate extremism - not promote it after all.

All this hoo-hah might seem romantic to young men that have so little self-confidence that they must join extremist groups in order to feel worthwhile, but it's a sham. In order for Islam to survive as a religion, it has to rid itself of its hatred of Jews and Israel. If it does not - it will die off as the rest of the world shuns it as dangerous mythology.

It's attitudes like yours that are digging Islam's grave.

4. marwan asmar profile image70
    marwan asmarposted 4 years ago

In your honest opinion why do you think that would be the case?

working