jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

I Love America!

1. WillPacino profile image60
    WillPacinoposted 3 years ago

So.Everybody knows America is a great country.Because it's freedom.It's Beauty and Love.

1. Paul Wingert profile image80
      Paul Wingertposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Are you sure you're not talking about Sweden or Norway?

2. Zelkiiro profile image85
      Zelkiiroposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Did I just travel back in time to the 1780s? What is this demonic light-box?

3. Mark Johann profile image62
      Mark Johannposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I am learning American these days. I have a couple of videos about how America was made.

George Washington was great. Failure did not let him stop to pursue freedom.

4. 0
      Brenda Durhamposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I love America, yes.
      It needs some things changed these days.
      But still the greatest Country in the world,  in my book.

2. 0
    JaxsonRaineposted 3 years ago

I love America too, but I am saddened as its ideals fade over time... every administration we have more assaults against our most basic rights, and ironically we have more people complaining about false rights(right to a house, right to a car, right to an education, right  to free food/healthcare/phones/etc etc etc) than we have trying to stand up for the very rights which serve as a foundation of freedom.

1. 85
      Education Answerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

2. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Well said, although I would add a couple of things.

I had almost given up on the country as a patriotic whole.  Until 12 years ago, when the towers fell and the entire country reacted in outrage and as a unit.  It reminded me then of Desert Storm, when nearly every American reacted the same to the invasion of Kuwait.

We still support our troops (unlike Vietnam) and, for the most part, support the "war on terror" even as the leaders drift from the original purpose.  We can, and do, believe in the country and that goes a long ways to offsetting the liberalism promoting the idea that everyone has an innate right to everything under the sun.  Some do believe that (and take gross advantage of the generosity of the people) but the average, middle class citizen of the country is still quite happy to stand on their own feet and support themselves and the country.  Not individual politicians, which is as it should be, but the country.

It's still a great place to live.

3. maxoxam41 profile image79
    maxoxam41posted 3 years ago

I love America too. I dislike its government because it doesn't respond to the will and interests of the people. I also dislike the apathism of our citizens. As for our freedom, I don't have your positivism.
    Domestic terrorism made by organizations that were supposed to protect us reflects the decadence of our society.