jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

1. marwan asmar profile image79
    marwan asmarposted 3 years ago

China should gain our respect because its slowly becoming a superpower with non-of the traditional powers realizing it. Is this really the case.

1. 85
      Education Answerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I think most countries have realized China's status for years.  One could argue that China has been recognized since at least 1946.  It is one of the five permanent members of the United Nations Security Council.

2. Gypsy Rose Lee profile image61
    Gypsy Rose Leeposted 3 years ago

I have nothing against China becoming a super power. My beef with them is that they make products which are below standards. They get sold in countries which are economically not very feasable like Latvia where I live and when I spend my hard earned money on say a turbo oven and when it breaks down after a year and cannot be fixed well then I feel cheated. There are many made in China products which just don't cut the mustard and I've lost money on this oven which I really needed not to mention that I cannot afford to buy new products year after year.

3. marwan asmar profile image79
    marwan asmarposted 3 years ago

Sadly, this is the way it is. Chinese goods are flooding the global market and they compete really well because they are cheap and break down as well