jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (14 posts)

Should a judge be able to ban a student from all schools?

1. Theophanes profile image94
    Theophanesposted 3 years ago

After a 14 year old bludgeoned a classmate within inches of her life a judge in Florida ruled that she should not be able to attend school in any public school in the county. She had attacked five previous classmates, recorded every attack with her cell phone, and was getting crowd involvement. The judge claimed she was too dangerous to any students to be allowed back to any school. What do you think? (whole story here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/1 … 67548.html)

1. profile image0
      Motown2Chitownposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I say yes, the judge can certainly do so.  She's a danger to any student with whom she might attend any school, and apparently not too terribly interested in education.  Now, should she change her mind and actually want to learn something, her parents can then take it upon themselves to educate her.

1. profile image0

And, I do agree with Jaxson - she really should be in jail.  They'll be happy to educate her there as well, I'm sure.

1. wilderness profile image95
          wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Absolutely - she can get her education through bars.

Something is very, very wrong when a parent is forced to send their child to a school with this creature roaming the halls.

1. profile image0

You are so, so right, wilderness. 

I'm trying to find the Florida State Constitution so I can take a look at the Title IX, but I think occasionally - the protection of children must take precedent over anything else.

2. gmwilliams profile image82
          gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

In jail, this 'child" WILL be educated...........by the OTHER PRISONERS.....

1. Josak profile image60
            Josakposted 3 years ago in reply to this

...On how to a better criminal yes.

1. gmwilliams profile image82

The other prisoners will give this "child" a comeuppance so to speak.  In other words, THEY will TEACH her a VERY PHYSICAL lesson. 

I would like to add that this ruling is smart.  All states should implement this rule stringently when it comes to school bullies.  If this rule was implemented in all the school, the school environment would be A MUCH BETTER PLACE for all our precious children.

I have ALWAYS said and even stated in some of the forums that bullies should be expelled and banned from attending ANY school.  They should be put in I.S. 600 schools, juvenile centers, or jail, if the "child" committed an egregious crime or is old enough.   It is time we as a society stop mollycoddling these thugs.   They deserve the WORST punishment possible.   If they do the CRIME, they should do the TIME.   YES, I SAID IT!

1. Josak profile image60

First it's entirely possible she will be a bully in prison too.

Secondly the stats show that people (especially kids) sent to prison in the US are much more likely to end up criminals which is obviously what we want this kid to become right?

Even assuming she just gets beaten or raped in prison what kind of twisted person wants that to happen to fourteen year old and do you really think that after that she will emerge a well balanced member of society? Victims of abuse perpetuate abuse.

2. Josak profile image60

Fourteen year old obviously needs psychological help, should not be in school and should be in a safe place where she can be helped. jail is just dumb because all that accomplishes is definitively turning her into a criminal then releasing her on society in a few years but certainly institutionalized.

2. profile image0
    JaxsonRaineposted 3 years ago

Should be in jail.

1. gmwilliams profile image82

Totally agree.  This "child" is too dangerous to be allowed to attend any school.  I have stated my philosophy regarding children who attack other children.   I believe that such children are dangerous to others and should be expelled from school.  In addition to that, they should have some documentative history on them.   The judge was CORRECT in banning that "child" from attending ANY school.   This "child" is a criminal and should be imprisoned in a JAIL, not juvenile detention.

3. Theophanes profile image94
    Theophanesposted 3 years ago

I think she should be institutionalized in a mental hospital where she might actually receive some help (if it's not too late - she's going to end up in jail either way if this is what she's already doing. Goodbye future!) I agree with the judge that it is not correct to put the safety of other individuals at risk just so this little miscreant can keep on terrorizing her classmates in an educational setting. She gave up that privilege by being a total psycho. Also someone should reign in her parents and figure out why she's soooo messed up and punish them as well. No normal parent raises a child like that (unless MAYBE they're schizophrenic or something but there was no mention of this.)

4. AlexK2009 profile image88
    AlexK2009posted 3 years ago

This is an extreme case and the girl should be educated in a secure environment.  It sounds like she has a mental problem and should be in an asylum for assessment.

working