jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Homelessness: How can we help?

1. lesliebyars profile image78
    lesliebyarsposted 3 years ago via iphone

Going to homeless shelters is a good way to help feed the hungry. What are some other ideas to help the homeless?

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 3 years ago in reply to this

well....the obvious idea would be to help the homeless find a home...a safe place to rest and stop..stop some of the chaos....a step towards stopping the chaos of being homeless...it's not an easy task for some...

1. wilderness profile image97
        wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Short term, for someone that can and will provide for themselves given half a chance, open your own home to them.  Sometimes all that is needed is a hand up, a month or three for someone to get back on their feet.

1. Reality Bytes profile image94
          Reality Bytesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

This is awesome.  Many that find themselves without a residence feel as if no one cares.  A small bit of empathy could make all the difference in the world.

I offer free food and access to a phone to contact services.  I do not have the ability to provide shelter.  Although it is something I am striving for, I want to provide shelter for those with pets.  There is no help for those that cannot separate from their furry children!

2. Kevin Peter profile image71
      Kevin Peterposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Ther are many things we can do for such people. Now many organizations have come forward to help such people. We should try to help such people in the way we can.
      Some people can form a group and start a club to help such people. The money we spend on luxury items can be collected and when it turns to a huge amount it can be used for thier benefit.