jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Gripe Friday (5/31/2013)

1. mike102771 profile image83
    mike102771posted 3 years ago

This is a forum I will try and post every Friday to allow people to vent without being booted off other forums for being off topic because here there is no topic. I am posting it in social issues because it gets a lot of traffic and may offer a release valve for the angry, so enjoy.
    The radio network WNIR (100.1) in Kent, Ohio during the John “Couchburner” Denning show from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM (EST) has what they call gripe Friday. The idea is that anyone can call and complain on the air. I think this would be a good idea here for everyone to gripe about what is bothering them (without starting a new forum). Please complain away.

2. mike102771 profile image83
    mike102771posted 3 years ago

I have applied to over 30 different places for employment and nothing yet. My real gripe is about the job boards. Everyone no matter how many times you say no you always get a call saying you requested info on going back to school. NO I DID NOT!!!!!!

1. Silverspeeder profile image60
      Silverspeederposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Flexibility at work.

Why does flexibility always have to be your flexibility when it comes to work, it seems the employer never has any flexibility when you need it?

3. maxoxam41 profile image79
    maxoxam41posted 3 years ago

Can someone tell me how hubs that you wrote/write change positions from last to first (for instance) and not show any traffic movement? Can someone tell me how a hub written a year ago was accepted quality wise and suddenly is rejected because controversial (example: "Syria the disinformation")...???
    HUBPAGES I AM FED UP OF YOUR PARTIALITY! Aren't we in a free country? It is called freedom of speech.

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hubs written a year ago can change positions because a year ago no quality checks were being made.

Hubs are not rejected for being controversial - if you hub was unpublished it was for some other reason, which has been given to you.  If your hub went idle (unfeatured) it is either for quality or engagement reasons, not because it is controversial.  The symbol on the stats page will tell you which one.

No, you do not have free speech to write whatever you want on HP.  Their site - their rules.  You want to make the rules (within US laws) you have only to set up your own site.