Imagine a world where...

1. KEPitz1005 profile image59
    KEPitz1005posted 3 years ago

... everyone saw the world the way a 3 year old sees it.

Simplicity. Innocence. Creativity. We'd have much more of these character traits when interacting with the world we live in.

My son was so sweet at age 3. He was full of wonder and innocence. I loved watching him watching the world around him. It was amazing to watch him see and experience the world for the very first time - with no prior knowledge or beliefs about anything. He was a clean slate, pure and simple, and he was able to see everything in the simplest possible way. He got to observe for himself, and form his own ideas and opinions objectively. He never noticed that some people had very dark skin, some were brown skinned, some were white, some had different shaped eyes, some had special needs. He never saw differences between people. They're all just people. He used to identify people by the color of the shirt they were wearing. Once he tried to point out "the black man with the bird." I looked around and saw no black man. He pointed and said (somewhat impatiently), "Mommy - over there!" I looked and I saw a man wearing a black t-shirt with a beautiful parrot on his shoulder. My child distinguished differences between people based on their shirt color. How awesome is that? At first, I was sad and disappointed because I thought he'd somehow been made aware of different skin color, but he remained blissfully unaware that people are different in any way. I'm proud that he remains very open and fair and in no way prejudiced toward any group of people. He still sees people simply as people, and I'm proud of him.

SOOOOOOOOOOO... I propose that we all - just for this week - try approaching our daily lives with the mindset of a 3 year old. Let's all try to forget everything we know, and pretend we're just innocent little kids. Let's solve problems at work thinking like a 3 year old. I think we'll find simpler, more creative and effective ways of dealing with every situation we encounter. I believe we'll feel lighter inside when we let go of our preconceived notions and reservations. Let's just try it this week and see what happens. Who's in? big_smile

2. Zelkiiro profile image84
    Zelkiiroposted 3 years ago

Ah, but we already do live in such a world. Three-year-olds think everything is theirs, and so do CEOs, bankers, politicians, and investors.