jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Who are you?

1. Ericdierker profile image82
    Ericdierkerposted 3 years ago

So many folks find something or label that separates them from others. I think that is a problem. I am a crazy Christian dude but I find things in common with an Egyptian Muslim of a Vietnamese Buddhist. Of course I do with a Finish sun worshiper and a Shinto priest.

Some in my """ religion""" say I am a bad man for loving my neigbor and my enemy. And worse they say I am heretic for believing I am a brother with an atheist.

I am as my great teacher taught me. Accepting of all, speaker of my beliefs, lover of all beliefs and friend to those without one. I hiked a great Mexican Volcano outside of Puebla just next to a town Cholulla. About 60 miles north of Mexico City. But I hiked it barefoot with Tibetan monks and we hiked through snow and up to the crest. I think about 13,000 ft. We stared into the molten happenings snorted the sulfer and got the hell out there.

My history presents no direct -- who I am. And the very damned best I can come up with is "lover of life".

Think about it for a second. Who are you.

I do reckon when all boils down I am a simple man named dad abd husband and son. What say you

1. christopheranton profile image78
      christopherantonposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Much the same really, although I haven't climbed many volcanoes, at least literal ones.
      If I suffer from a major fault, it is that I am very judgemental. I have to constantly remind myself, that none of us can really take the moral high ground. We all have our faults. Usually, about ten minutes after I have reminded myself of that fact, I'm noting the "mote" in everyone elses eye, while cheerfully forgetting about the humungous "beams" in my own.
      That's me.

1. Ericdierker profile image82
        Ericdierkerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

And Chris I think that is that. Our humility as you have removes mountains. I love you man. I need to hear more from you as you lift my wings.

2. Gypsy Rose Lee profile image62
    Gypsy Rose Leeposted 3 years ago

I am a person who love life. Passionate about poetry and writing. Love the fact that I've met my soulmate. Love our adopted cat Sid. Feel like everyday I can find some joy and sing and dance. Get lots of inspiration from my favorite music. Always struggling to make ends meet but life goes on. Have faith and I let the Lord guide me each day. More or less that's who I am.

3. aka-dj profile image79
    aka-djposted 3 years ago

4. Zelkiiro profile image85
    Zelkiiroposted 3 years ago

...Finnish sun worshipper?

Last I checked, no one worships the sun and everyone in Finland is either a Lutheran or an Atheist.

5. 0
    Brenda Durhamposted 3 years ago

I am a whosoever.
    Jesus died for whosoever would believe in Him, to give us everlasting life someday with Him.