jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (15 posts)

Why DOES President Obama generate a very strong, visceral reaction

1. gmwilliams profile image83
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/8196349.jpg
    from SOME people? All of disagree with a respective President regarding his policies, whether local or foreign.  That's well and good.  However, when some people disagree with President Obama, the reaction seem to be so hateful.  I have never seen such a visceral reaction in my years.  Even President Nixon and President Bush were not objects of such strong reactions as is President Obama. President Obama is the most disrespected president thus far.   He being compared to Hitler and sometimes Satan.  Such blatant disrespect.  If a person does not agree with the president, fine, but DON'T respect him or the office therein. What's GOING on here?

1. profile image57
      Lie Detectorposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Both Nixon and Bush were compared to Hitler! The reason this President is treated the way he is is because he treats others that way.

2. HowardBThiname profile image88
      HowardBThinameposted 4 years ago in reply to this

All Presidents are treated hatefully by their detractors. I remember someone throwing their shoes at President Bush' head and, of course, Reagan and Kennedy were both shot.

Although she was just a VP candidate, I don't think I've ever seen any politician treated as hatefully as Sarah Palin was treated. Now THAT was harsh.

Obama has a good share of detractors, but he also has a good share of supporters.

3. profile image0
      Deepes Mindposted 4 years ago in reply to this

There are several reasons that people treat Obama the way they do. A lot of them are opposed to him wanting to end tax cuts for the wealthy while the lower classes are still paying a healthy sum. There are also those he is looking to help in lower income areas. And I'm not going to even remotely address the other elephant in the room

1. gmwilliams profile image83
        gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

There seems to be such a VENOMOUS animosity towards the man.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
          Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

A lot more than I have seen for any other US president.

1. Cody Hodge5 profile image59
            Cody Hodge5posted 4 years ago in reply to this

And to think.....he won with over 50 percent of the vote in both elections he ran in. Something neither Bush II or Clinton were able to do.

4. innersmiff profile image73
      innersmiffposted 4 years ago in reply to this

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/8200346_f248.jpg

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago

I don't know, he was hated by some the second he was elected. Before he did anything.

1. HowardBThiname profile image88
      HowardBThinameposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think that goes with the territory.

1. Cody Hodge5 profile image59
        Cody Hodge5posted 4 years ago in reply to this

+1

3. Zelkiiro profile image84
    Zelkiiroposted 4 years ago

Meh. He's just a mediocre president who will be forgotten once 2016 rolls around.

4. profile image61
    riconaltaposted 4 years ago

hi?

5. Reality Bytes profile image91
    Reality Bytesposted 4 years ago

What I find interesting is many of his own supporters turning on him.  Also, I was surprised at the nature of the protests worldwide on the Potus's latest journey.  There is some negativity being directed his way and it is not all coming from his political opponents.    Has anyone seen the Irish Parliament display after his visit there?

1. Josak profile image60
      Josakposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That is what happens when you compromise on everything, you end up pleasing no one.

Compromised on public healthcare, made unpopular ACA instead, compromised on Gitmo, compromised on Iraq. compromised on the war on terror i.e. drones etc. etc.

working