jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

For Those Who Believe Zimmerman is guilty

1. 0
    Sooner28posted 3 years ago

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/07/22/c … the-world/

Just for the record, I don't think there was enough evidence to prosecute Zimmerman.  But, there are many who believe he was guilty of an unjust killing of an innocent boy.  This is intended for you.

How much more culpable is the U.S. military?  Consider Vietnam, Korea, Gulf War, Iraq war, Afghanistan War.

Zimmerman is completely dwarfed by the number of innocents killed by the U.S. military.  Consistency would require condemnation of both, and a serious re-evaluation of what Americans should really be protesting about.

1. PrettyPanther profile image85
      PrettyPantherposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I agree.

2. peeples profile image88
    peeplesposted 3 years ago

All very true. USA kills innocent people everyday. When does that make news? When do we hear about all the drone attacks? When do hear about all the things that aren't even in the "big" (read media talked about) attacks? Never. We're busy talking about what the media wants us to talk about!

3. jandee profile image46
    jandeeposted 3 years ago

Surely everyone knows how corrupt capitalism/imperialism is !!!!
    How does that excuse a moronic murderer from justice,

1. 0
      Sooner28posted 3 years ago in reply to this

It doesn't excuse it.  Some people aren't consistent though, and are okay when the military kills innocent civilians.

4. SOBF profile image80
    SOBFposted 3 years ago

To those who claim that Zimmerman is innocent because he was found not guilty, I offer only one argument....O.J. Simpson.

5. rosered60 profile image60
    rosered60posted 3 years ago

I understand the point you are making regarding the innocent people killed by our military and government. I agree with you on most points. However, using the Zimmerman/Martin case to promote your point, is over reaching.

Trayvon Martin was not a "boy." He could have enlisted into the military had he so chosen. By all accounts, he was an aggressive, angry, drug using, drug dealing, rebellious young man that had been out expelled from school. He posted pics of him smoking pot. The night he died he went and got Arizona Watermelon Fruit Juice and Skittles. Two ingredients that form a drug that is known as "Lean." From the americanthinker.com "Trayvon, with his hoodie up, grabs two items from the shelves of 7-11.  One is the Skittles.  The other is Arizona Watermelon Fruit Juice Cocktail.  The media avoid the name of the real drink -- possibly because of the racial implications of the word "watermelon," but possibly to avoid probing the real reason for Trayon's trip.
    Trayvon, in fact, had become a devotee of the druggy concoction known as "Lean," also known in southern hip-hop culture as "Sizzurp" and "Purple Drank."  Lean consists of three basic ingredients -- codeine, a soft drink, and candy.  If his Facebook postings are to be believed, Trayvon had been using Lean since at least June 2011. 
    On June 27, 2011, Trayvon asks a friend online, "unow a connect for codien?"  He tells the friend that "robitussin nd soda" could make "some fire ass lean."  He says, "I had it before" and that he wants "to make some more."  On the night of February 26, if Brandy had some Robitussin at home, Trayvon had just bought the mixings for one "fire ass lean" cocktail."
    Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/06/ … z2ZtIpjzHZ

His mother couldn't handle him, so she sent him to live with his dad. Trayvon immediately started getting into trouble once he entered his new school. His aggressiveness and fighting were immediate issues. It was so bad that his own friends started telling him to back off, stop all the fighting. He laughs about it and said he enjoyed it. My heart breaks for Trayvon's family and friends. His mother and father conducted themselves with the up most dignity at the trial and  after the trial.

George Zimmerman: George Z. had a history of violence himself. Domestic violence and violence against a police officer. George had his own aggressive and anger issues. He should NEVER have been given a license for a gun. He went out that night either as a concern Neighborhood Watch advocate or just looking for trouble. What he found was trouble. When the 911 dispatcher told him to cease and desist, he should have stopped at that very moment and gone home but he didn't. On that fateful night, two men went out into the dark rainy night. One man lived. One young man, didn't. Only those two know what really happened. However, I do believe that the evidence showed that TM jumped GZ and was getting the best of him! In other words, GZ was getting his butt kicked! The broken nose and back of his head proved this. I believe it was GZ on the tape yelling for help. GZ said TM reached for GZ gun. At this point, GZ fearing for his life, pulled the gun and shot TM once. If he was this racist bigot that the media tried to paint him as, would he have only shoot once? Are would he unload on TM? He shot TM one time I think, just to get TM off of him. GZ tried to save TM but it was too late. 17 yr old Trayvon Martin was dead.

Had I been on this jury, I would have to ask myself, "What could have been done to avoid this tragedy?" I would have to start with George Zimmerman. As I said before, he should never have been given a license for a gun. He should have left that gun at home! When he was told to stop following Trayvon, he should have. He should have gotten in his car and went home. He lived in the same complex as TM. He could have walked. GZ should have identified himself to TM. TM would not have been scared or felt threatened. He would have reacted much differently, I think.

Trayvon Martin: TM should have stopped and asked why GZ was following him. He was so close to home. He should have ran to his house. He should never have jumped GZ and started beating him. He should have yelled for help. TM was always up for a fight. In his own words he admitted it. He had drugs in his system, perhaps this impaired his thinking.

Two men, both with anger and aggressiveness issues, both looking for a fight,  but only one had a gun. This was a tragedy in the making from the very first moment.  I believe that GZ should have been charged with involuntary manslaughter. I don't think he meant or wanted to kill TM. However, by not obeying the 911 to stop following TM, by continuing to follow him thus frightening him and angering him, GZ instigated this tragedy. He was the adult. He had the weapon. He should have shown better judgment. He would not have had to "stand his ground," if he hadn't instigated the entire thing. Therefore, he should have been charged with involuntary manslaughter.

The OC prosecutor's behavior regarding breaking the fundamental laws of discovery, is disgraceful! They wanted to win so badly that they broke the law themselves. I believe that the same thing happened in the TM/GZ case that happened with the Casey Anthony case. The prosecutors over charged Zimmerman. The were so intent to "get him" that they over reached. I hope that Florida can learn from these two cases. I hope prosecutors are held to a higher standard.

Our judicial system, just like our political system, is broken. Both need to be torn down and rebuilt. When these two systems were formed they did not have the same problems that we have today. Laws are outdated. Penalties and sentences are outdated.  We incarcerate those who smoke or sell pot at a cost of about $30,000 - $40,000 per inmate per year. (Bureau of Justice Statistics) We allow child molesters, murderers, and violent offenders to be freed so we can house more pot smokers. Many of these child molesters, murders, and violent offenders will re-offended within a year. Like I said, our system is broken. The George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin trial is just another example of a broken, over burdened, irresponsible, and old school thinking justice and political system.

1. 0
      Sooner28posted 3 years ago in reply to this

I was just suing the terminology of those who say Zimmerman is guilty, and asking them to be consistent.  That's all.

I do, however, agree that the U.S military has killed countless innocents in our recent wars, and the American public is very silent about it.