jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

U.C. Davis

1. 0
    Sooner28posted 3 years ago

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/2 … lp00000009

LOL.  This man should serve prison time for police brutality first of all, but to claim you deserve to get paid?  That's the words of a man who believes he is above everyone else.

1. tirelesstraveler profile image85
      tirelesstravelerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

While occupy movement in U.C. Berkley was going on, police trying to keep the peace were unable to answer calls from locals.  A man was killed because all the police were attending to OM.  The Occupy Movement created havoc and reeked destruction in their wake. Lucky me found myself in Oakland during OM and another day in San Francisco OM.  I have first hand knowledge, these people were not peacefully talking with the guy.  Millions of damage in property damage, to say nothing of the lost revenue to the areas.  Oakland's business owners have walked with their feet. It is going the way of Detroit.  The occupiers weren't from Oakland for the most part.  When you have feces thrown at you, pepper spray could be a better solution than  a baton.

2. tirelesstraveler profile image85
    tirelesstravelerposted 3 years ago

Thanks for thinking of us in Cali. 
    I think he should get workers comp. The anguish, of having personal information spread all over the web has lead to more than one suicide.

1. psycheskinner profile image83
      psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

He should get it if he is disabled and that is what caused it. 

c.f. the pre-existing condition of being the kind of guy that nonchalantly pepper-sprays seated unthreatening protestors, despite that not being an approved police tool, in front of clearly visible cameras. That makes me thing he didn't start out the most well-balanced guy in the world. 

His alleged disability in that case seems to come from his own deliberate actions against workplace policies. IMHO, I would be skeptical -- he can get unemployment benefit like everyone else.