jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Do You Think We Will Have A Repeat Of 9-11-2001 In America

1. crazyhorsesghost profile image87
    crazyhorsesghostposted 3 years ago

9-11-2001 We Must Never Forget

Do you think we will have another 9-11 in the United States. To tell you the truth I'm really surprised that it hasn't happed again already. I really believe that our military actions over seas is breeding more and more hate for the United States.

As a retired U.S. Naval Officer and a Native American I'm proud of my country but I fear for it. I fear another beautiful blue sky sunny morning. I fear a biological attack or a dirty bomb. Both could happen.

The Boston bombings could have been a lot worse and its really a wonder that it wasn't.

We must never forget. Time heals all wounds but people also forget and I fear we may wake up to something really bad one day. I hope not but I fear that day is coming.

What Do You Think? Please Share Your Thoughts

1. 0
      Brenda Durhamposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Who knows?
      But it's possible.    Because we've allowed too many unvetted people to come here and have free education and become sleeper spies/terrorists like the Boston bombers.     I'm not of the opinion like some others have that we're messing in foreign affairs too much so that gives terrorists an excuse to terrorize us;  no way.    They're responsible for their own actions.    Obama's apology tour has weakened our image to the rest of the world;  our government's decisions of making our military burn our Holy Bible in deference to the "feelings" of Muslims and ignoring the hatred that so many foreigners have toward America has caused us to be weaker and has emboldened the terrorists. 
      Also, even allowing people to picket in favor of terrorists like the Boston bombers is horrid!    I know we Americans have freedom, civil rights, etc.,  but honestly our Laws should go by what's common sense too,  and it's ridiculous that anyone can picket in favor of a terrorist here on our own home land;  those "citizens" should be banned from picketing in public streets, and perhaps even prosecuted as traitors to our Country.    Common sense and common patriotism demands that there be limits to what a citizen can say and still be considered a valid citizen.

2. Zelkiiro profile image84
    Zelkiiroposted 3 years ago

9/11 was the end result of more than 14 years of obsessive planning, tremendous amassing of funds, and maddening attention to every single detail. If it will happen again, it certainly won't be for a while.

1. Reality Bytes profile image94
      Reality Bytesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Unless the FBI coordinates it!

Terrorist Plots, Hatched by the F.B.I.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/29/opini … l&_r=0

Jon Stewart: FBI Fake Terror Exposed

1. Zelkiiro profile image84
        Zelkiiroposted 3 years ago in reply to this

In which case, it will likely happen overseas (to an embassy or something) where we won't be the ones that have to foot the bill.

1. Reality Bytes profile image94
          Reality Bytesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Nah, the US government conducts terrorist acts daily overseas.  The real fun is to make the people fear, then stand up as a heroic protector.  That is what these control freaks want after all, a submissive society begging for protection.

3. Seth Winter profile image83
    Seth Winterposted 3 years ago

I don't see why not. America's not exactly making friends out there. Didn't we kill something like 122,000 civilians in the Iraq War...I'm sure not a single one of those peoples families decided to dedicate their lives to destroying the United States. We've been at war for over 10 years.

It's bound to happen...and the thing is they could cause SO MUCH DAMAGE if they really wanted to. Screw flying a plane into a tower or putting a bomb on a single targeted building.

How much damage could 1 guy do, driving across the United States with a box of matches? How many cities have guarded water supplies? Even a simple threat that caused mass hysteria could kill thousands.

It could happen again, and really no amount of listening to our phone conversations or emails could prevent it....a bit scary.