Congress Needs a Recess

1. pagesvoice profile image86
    pagesvoiceposted 3 years ago

Today (August 2nd) members of congress will leave Washington, D.C. to start their entire month of August vacation. For 2013 congress is only working 126 days. These are the same men and women who frown upon the average person working 40 hours per week, they hate unions and loathe people being paid fair wages and overtime pay. Do you agree that congress members have the best job in America considering all of their perks and the Rolls Royce of health care benefits they so eagerly take while chastising the rest of us for wanting the same?

1. pagesvoice profile image86
      pagesvoiceposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Why do people get upset with Obama taking a vacation and yet turn a blind eye to Congress only working 126 days per year? Where is the outrage?

2. MarleneB profile image96
      MarleneBposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Believe me, pagesvoice, I'm outraged. I'm just a quiet person who listens more than I speak. But, I am furious beyond containment. I don't know why these people are allowed to do what they do. 126 days a year? Really? But to answer the question, yes. Yes I do believe they have the best job on the universe. How can I get that job so I can sit on my rear end for 126 days and then take a month off, regardless of any unfinished business I have sitting on the table to resolved. It's like they're saying, "See ya! Wouldn't want to be ya... I'm out of here!" They don't care. They simply don't care. But, hey, like I asked before, "How can I get a job where I can be privileged and not have to do anything except go to meetings and stuff?"