jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Something Is Seriously Wrong with Florida

1. SpanStar profile image59
    SpanStarposted 3 years ago

Woman pleads no contest in FAMU hazing case

The prosecution contends that Champion, who was from Decatur, Ga., collapsed and died after walking down a gauntlet of other band members who beat him with fists and instruments on a bus parked outside an Orlando hotel following a football game.

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/woman … azing-case

1. my_girl_sara profile image89
      my_girl_saraposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Bottom line...they couldn't pin this on any ONE person so they charge no one. Ridiculous. What FL is telling us is that if you commit a crime within a large group, the most you'll get is a slap on the wrist. Where is the outrage from the black community?

1. Credence2 profile image85
        Credence2posted 3 years ago in reply to this

If you are talking about concern comparable to what happened with Martin and Zimmerman, you compare apples with hand granades.

2. KT Banks profile image61
    KT Banksposted 3 years ago

I just don't understand that mentality. It seems like bullying to the ultimate degree. Why would anyone want to take part in something so horrible? And why would anyone just stand by and let it happen? I need to look up hazing and see why and how it all got started. More people need to talk about it, and not let it just get swept under the rug. Thanks for starting this discussion.

3. SpanStar profile image59
    SpanStarposted 3 years ago

The issue of hazing has been done away in a number of universities and colleges due to the death of pledges by the direction of senior classmates placing the lives of pledges in jeopardy.

The idea that hazing can be a volatile, threatening and dangerous activity is not new in America resulting in a number of universities and colleges which I might say in a number of cases were forced to abandon this practice.