jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (9 posts)

AREA 51 IS NOW A FACT OF HISTORY

1. profile image0
    mbuggiehposted 3 years ago

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/8297976_f520.jpg
    According to an article published on 15 August 2013 by THE ATLANTIC WIRE:

"Newly declassified documents, obtained by George Washington University's National Security Archive, appear to for the first time acknowledge the existence of Area 51. Hundreds of pages describe the genesis of the Nevada site that was home to the government's spy plane program for decades. The documents do not, however, mention aliens. The project started humbly. In the pre-drone era about a decade after the end of World War II, President Eisenhower signed off on a project aimed at building a high-altitude, long-range, manned aircraft that could photograph remote targets. Working together, the Air Force and Lockheed developed a craft that could hold the high-resolution cameras required for the images, a craft that became the U-2."

And, according to the report, the documents make NO reference to aliens or UFOs.

What is your reaction to this revelation?

1. profile image83
      Education Answerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Most people I know already knew it was a real place.  I never thought there were aliens there, so I don't really consider this big news.

1. profile image0
        mbuggiehposted 3 years ago in reply to this

The "news" is in the depth and breath of the released documents by the CIA and in the timing of the release of those documents.

Some 407 pages of formerly classified information about a major spy program which includes not only details of the operations and logistics of the program, but the specifics of the goals and objectives of the program as well as names of individuals involved in the program must be significant.

And if one considers the current relationship not only between the public and intelligence agencies/intelligence gathering AND the relationship between the US and Russia, the disclosure is even more noteworthy and interesting.

1. profile image83
          Education Answerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You've convinced me that I may have spoken too soon.  I'll upgrade my statement to "interesting."

1. profile image0

smile

2. profile image0
            Beth37posted 3 years ago in reply to this

I was gonna say "interesting."
            >sad
            I was trying to make an angry face, but I don't know how.

1. profile image0

smile

(Angry face is semi-colon, left-side parenthesis) or:

;(

1. profile image0
                Beth37posted 3 years ago in reply to this

;(

Uh... that doesn't look angry to me.

1. profile image0

Hmmm...ok...wink