jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (14 posts)

When they came for the rodeo clowns, I was silent...

1. profile image60
    retief2000posted 3 years ago

When they come for Hubbers will there be anyone left to speak out?

1. PrettyPanther profile image84
      PrettyPantherposted 3 years ago in reply to this

LOL, if you're implying that deciding not to contract with a company whose employee behaved inappropriately on the job unless the company provides additional training to its employees is the equivalent of the Nazis coming for the Jews, then all I can do is chuckle at your misplaced drama.

1. profile image60
        retief2000posted 3 years ago in reply to this

If you see no abridgment Free Speech, than all I can do is laugh.  A CLOWN mocking a President is hardly inappropriate conduct.  If using the power of government to re-educate free people is not tyranny, than all I can do is laugh.

1. PrettyPanther profile image84
          PrettyPantherposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Are you against the right of an employer to determine what is appropriate behavior on the job?  Are you against the  right of an employer to require a specific type of training for its employees? 

You are WAY over dramatizing this incident.

1. profile image60

We have wrongly come to believe that tyranny is the execution of some grand plan that quickly strips a people of their liberty.  It is a glacial progression away from freedom and toward tyranny.

A clown acting like a clown is acceptable behavior when the President is Republican or white - just as Bill Clinton and George W. Bush, both widely mocked by clowns everywhere.  But let the President be black and there is no room for free expression. 

....This is the way the world ends
            This is the way the world ends
            This is the way the world ends
            Not with a bang but a whimper.

The Hollow Men by T.S. Elliot

1. Shawn McIntyre profile image87
              Shawn McIntyreposted 3 years ago in reply to this

The over 100,000 people killed in Syria, were oppressed by their government. The hundreds that have been killed in Egypt this week, were oppressed by their government. The rodeo clown who was fired from a private company for behaving in a way his employer didn't approve of, has yet to even be so much as inconvenienced by his government.

This guy wasn't thrown in prison for making fun of President Obama, he wasn't beaten or tortured. His family wasn't rounded up in the middle of the night and used as leverage against him. In fact, after he got fired, Congressman Stockman (R) TX. offered him a job at a rodeo there.

I love the 1st amendment as much as anyone, and I'm certainly no fan of the President, but let's not go overboard here on this one.

1. profile image60

yet

2. profile image60

Given these criteria there would never have been an American Revolution.

1. Shawn McIntyre profile image87
                  Shawn McIntyreposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I don't see how one has anything to do with the other.

2. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

An entertainment company did something their contract said they cannot do--they lost the contract. 

Big whoop.  If I did something party-political on the job the same thing would happen to me.

3. profile image83
    Education Answerposted 3 years ago

Flashback: George H.W. Bush rodeo clown spotted in 1994

http://www.theblaze.com/blog/2013/08/16 … d-in-1994/

Why was it okay then but not now?

1. GA Anderson profile image85
      GA Andersonposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Because it wasn't an Obama mask.

GA

1. profile image60

+

or, better yet

Ditto

2. profile image60

Because the governor of the state didn't dance on strings pulled by the NAACP who are so irritated by any criticism of Obama that a clown acting like a clown is offensive.

working