jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (11 posts)

We got heat

1. Ericdierker profile image80
    Ericdierkerposted 3 years ago

I was speaking with a lawyer who just got back from court. He told me that no one could agree on anything and everyone was just fighting, from prosecutors to Judges to clerks and staff. I saw a lady cus the cleaning lady. I saw a store clerk throw back change at a customer. And I saw me acting mean to my bride.
    We got heat. We are in the dog days of summer and out here it is punching 100 f daily. And the Bottom Drops out.
    Out here no one has air con because this only lasts 10 - 15 days a year. The sirens will blare tonight and cop helicopters will be heard. Violence will be worse.

Perhaps, I will make an extra effort to be nice, just so I am not mean.

The heat makes things harder and seems to wear down our resistance. Let all those in the heat take an extra breath and try to be nice.

What is your heat story?

1. Lastheart profile image72
      Lastheartposted 3 years ago in reply to this

This you are writing here is a real life testimony of what I wrote about climate change will multiply violence around the world. Many doubt, and others thought I was paranoiac. We are part of nature it is obvious that we will get affected.
      When the moon is full I get headaches. I have seen that strong emotional people present other effects by the way the full moon affects them.
      It is the same with this climate changes. Some people think that it is a conspiracy theory, but it is true the climate here is soooooo hot that it does drive us crazy.
      My advice is to keep cool...of course pray and not let the sun go down on our anger. It is said in Ephesians 4:26 "And "don't sin by letting anger control you." Don't let the sun go down while you are still angry,"
      By our human nature it is normal that things will piss us out, but it is like it is written in 2 Timothy 1:7 "For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline." We have to learn how to deal with things and more when we know that we cannot debate them like that big heat of the sun.
      Walk with ice inside a bag for it; and keep the neck cool. By doing this the jugular vein will be cool and we will be happy.
      I hope HP let's me link your testimony to my hub. Take care and keep play alligator with your son.

Ericdierkerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I love the Sun. We will play with cool water in a small pool when it gets too hot. This is not so much to be cool as to celebrate even the hottest of weather for it is a day that the Lord has brought and we shall rejoice in it no matter what. Today we will take lemons and make lemonade and be glad in it. But I have rinsed out the containers and we will fill them with water and make deliveries where our homeless need it. My heat is less than theirs.
        (we are hippopotamus today!!)

2. EncephaloiDead profile image60
      EncephaloiDeadposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Love the Sun, love the heat. It draws us all to water where we frolic and play like children. Couldn't ask for a more pleasant and cheerful environment.

And my boy and me busted the heatwave. We tore into it. Maybe too much fun as he is passed out as I write. We are given what we need. Uh oh - I wrote too loud. He is up and headed for our blow up pool.

1. Disappearinghead profile image88
          Disappearingheadposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Fifteen years ago I used to work for Ford UK and used to get to go hot climate vehicle testing in Arizona in the summer near Lake Havasu City. We used to work outside preparing vehicles, then take them out on the test track in 120 degrees F. I absolutely loved the heat. The best we ever get in the UK is about 85 Degrees F

My first mother in-law was lead person to bring the London Bridge to Havasu. My brother in law drove craft there to break the Speed Water Skiing record. Lake Havasu is part of my life.

3. 0
      Brenda Durhamposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I've never been able to stand the heat very well, even when I was a child,  especially direct sun when the temperature is high.  And it seems it's harder as I get older.   But I don't recall it making me angry nor violent;  just very lethargic and weak;  but I sure can see how it would make people frustrated and angry sometimes!    I used to work in the garden and fields along with the rest of my family,  but I had to take more breaks and etc. because I'd get dizzy and weak.     And inside the house I'd help Mom can loads of tomatoes etc.,  with no air conditioning.   We never had air conditioning growing up;  we just opened the doors and used several fans to circulate the air.   
      Take care;  try to stay cool.

I underwent this whacko deal to "cure" stage 4 Non-Hodgkin s lymphoma. Aside from hair loss and tooth loss, it made me temperature compatible, which means I just accept the temperature as given. Kinda of weird at 100 and strange in a 65 degree ocean swim. But so be it.

2. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

Chemo patients lose our reactive ability to temperature. We become reptiles yet remain mammalian. It is like we are cold blooded yet remain warm blooded. So if it is 72 f I am cold, if it is 98 f I am hot, but the chemotherapy ruined the thermostat. I sat in a doctor's office with air conditioning and they took my temperature It was 5 degrees lower than our normal. I swam in the ocean and my elder son, put his hand to my head and declared me the same as the water.
      Much more research needs to be done. Methotrexate seems to be the catalyst. I am sorry I cannot spell it correctly. It is something that I think could be used for good.