jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

America The Boring

1. tirelesstraveler profile image86
    tirelesstravelerposted 3 years ago

Americans have no pizzazz anymore. Maybe we never had pizzazz, but I like to think we did. :
    Look at the cars we drive these days. After bike riding and surveying the school parking lot next door I found two red cars and the rest were black,gray silver, white of gold (about 40 cars). There are a variety of nice cars, Porches, Mercedes, BMW's, Toyotas, Hondas and some other cars. There isn't much difference between the Mercedes and the Chrysler 300.  The colors are mono chromatic.
    We like people who like what we like, and don't like people who don't like what we like.
    We can't stand it when people disagree with us.
    We pretty much look alike.
    Car companies used to have their distinct style.  You could pick a Chevy from a Ford a mile away. When you saw a Mercedes you swooned its exotic look. 
    Saw folks driving around in a 1974 red Cadillac convertible recently. Now that caught the eye.

1. Ericdierker profile image81
      Ericdierkerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You got my attention. I would like to be the most boring man in the world with my light beer and my TV shows.
      However it just don't work that way. You want some pizzaz come follow me around. I do Christian and Political debate that would make Martin Luther King jr. Proud. Over here we get run off by cops for bringing food and water to panhandlers. My boy and I got yelled at just yesterday for riding too fast down the sidewalk. Just last month I had 18 people stay over. I howl at the moon on a nightly basis and my youngest is getting the deal.
      Sorry but my 2004 Corolla ain't got no hubcaps. But that baby scoots and I never drive with two hands. I lean to the inside like an easy low rider.
      Now to get you over this loss of pizzaz blues you are invited to skate board with us tonight and frighten the neighbor kids. Thats alright - they need it.

Be well and smile friend

tirelesstravelerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Eric, I didn't really think boring applied to you ever.
        It's disturbing our obsession with gray cars that are the same color as asphalt. Car dealers in cahoots with body repair shops?

2. 0
      TXSasquatchposted 3 years ago in reply to this

My F-150 is red.  Maybe trucks are boring, but at my size, I don't have any choice.  I don't fit in cars.  Hopefully my red truck counts as "not boring."

tirelesstravelerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Trucks are not boring TXSasquatch ! But I would like to see more step sides.  It is nearly impossible to lash anything down without climbing into the truck bed.

1. 0
          TXSasquatchposted 3 years ago in reply to this

That's actually not a problem for me!  ;-)

2. Zelkiiro profile image85
    Zelkiiroposted 3 years ago

You forgot "stupid." Boring and stupid. Which is exactly how I would describe 95% of American television (the other 5% being The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, and the precious few shows on archaeology the History channel still shows), American movies (the other 5% being the works of Guillermo del Toro, James Wan, and Martin Scorsese), and American culture (the other 5% being the period of the American Renaissance, during which we got Edgar Allan Poe, Nathaniel Hawthorne, and Herman Melville).