Politicians taking full advantage of system

1. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 3 years ago

Crime Pays!!

So, Jesse Jackson, Jr. 17 year veteran of US Congress, suddenly gets a "mood disorder" (about same time he learned he was to be indicted) and is going to prison for 2.5 years. Because his "mood disorder" was so severe, he has become disabled and will receive $8700 per month as disability payment as well as $45000 a year from his congressional pension, total of about $150K per year. Is this a great country or what?

By the way, I have had rather substantial "mood disorder disability" ever since Obama got elected in 2008. I have not committed any felonies, have not been convicted and sentenced to prison and I don't get squat - other than a higher tax bill every year and privilege of watching our federal deficit grow every day of year.
    http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government … disability

Some may say I am being hard on this man but my friend who sent me this and I, agree that he is taking full advantage of his position to steal from those who truly need the help .

1. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Jesse Jackson Jr. does not have a so-called mood disorder.  He is using his guilt to milk the system, the system that our tax dollars are paying for.  These congress people are in it for themselves.   Jesse Jackson Jr. should RECEIVE NOTHING- but HARD TIME.  However, such WILL NOT be the case.   This is indeed a sad state of affairs.  Just another hand slapping of the egregiously guilty. 

Politics is such a good career to go into.  You get elected, serve your time, get great vacations, and receive a glorious pension when you retire.  Better yet, politics is a career opportunity towards better things.  Darn, I chose the wrong career!  (sobbing, sobbing, sobbing, sobbing)

2. 84
      Education Answerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

. . .but there is no government waste!  Government is efficient.  It's so efficient that we just allowed the government, through Obamacare, to largely control a two-trillion dollar industry.  What could go wrong with that?  Now more politicians and special interest groups will be able to get the money they need to fix their mood disorders.