jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

See we can do big events in Britain

1. Silverspeeder profile image60
    Silverspeederposted 3 years ago

100 + car pile up

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/427059 … aved-lives

Driving standards have certainly decreased as traffic has increased over the past 20 years, thankfully no one was killed but I doubt it will change much on our roads and motorways.

Although no observations or investigation results have been concluded yet I bet the person or persons who caused all this drove away unaware of the consequences of their poor driving.

All this after a story about drivers amassing a huge amount of points on their driving licences and yet still being allowed to drive. In the UK 12 points usually means a ban of 12 months whist one woman driver in London has 42 points and is still allowed to drive due to social issues.
    The law truly is an ass.

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Fascinating that the general consensus seems to be that "The lighting was insufficient to cut through dense fog so we were all driving way too fast for conditions and wrecked.  It is the fault of the lighting and bridge design."

Good to see the personal responsibility is just as nonexistent in the UK as in the US.

1. Silverspeeder profile image60
        Silverspeederposted 3 years ago in reply to this

"Its the fault of the lighting and the bridge design."

It seems you are right wilderness, people knew the conditions were not right for driving at speed but still went hell bent into the fog.

1. wilderness profile image95
          wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Pretty typical, I'd say.  And then blame the engineers for not having enough light, and that is typical as well.  Blaming the drivers for their own stupidity is just, well, not acceptable.  We've all seen it; the idiots that think any and every condition is the same as dry daylight and act accordingly.

working