fantastic historical account of corruption inthe banking/money systems

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (69 posts)
  1. SparklingJewel profile image67
    SparklingJewelposted 15 years ago

this is a long video, but incredibly well done. the story of the "money changers, central banks and bankers, the Federal Reserve and other corrupt people, families and organizations that have run the governments of nations around the world across the centuries

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid … 0256183936

check out their website  themoneymasters.com

1. Mark Knowles profile image57
      Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this
    2. SparklingJewel profile image67
      SparklingJewelposted 15 years agoin reply to this

The information in this video is important for all people across the planet to know and understand, because that power of knowledge gives them the ability to act differently in how they deal with their lives and individual economies at the local, state and national levels.

Unless the greater population changes the way they think and act, nothing will change on a greater scale. As well as more people that stand up and say things are not done right, the more effect it will have to help that change along.

It's better to be a activist optimist than a passive pessimist! big_smile

Stop buying stuff. big_smile That is what I have done. Of course, my government has paid for a new car out of my taxes anyway. Except I didn't get the car. lol

3. Make  Money profile image67
      Make Moneyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

That video was posted in March of 2007.  That's the earliest I have seen that talks about the financial melt down.  I seen another one warning of the melt down that was posted in the spring of 2008.  So the powers that be have had to have known that this has been coming for a while.  I've seen that zeitgeist baloney before.

Thomas Jefferson was concerned about the power of the banks 200 years ago.
      http://etext.virginia.edu/jefferson/quo … ff1325.htm

Guess you couldn't be bothered to watch the story about the banking system huh?

No worries. Try this instead:

http://mises.org/

1. Make  Money profile image67

I'm not sure what you mean Mark.  I didn't watch the whole video that SJ posted but I'm not denying any of this.  What I was getting at is if the powers that be knew this was all going to happen two years ago then why didn't the Bush's administration do something about it.  I don't like that zeitgeist video cause there's too much bull in it.

They did do their part. Exactly as ordered. No question.

And I guess by "bull" you mean point out the obvious flaws in the religion you subscribe to?

Sorry Mike - Religion, Government, Banking System - all the same. sad

Control. Of you me and everyone else. By hook, crook and religious indoctrination. All the same. Except for the rewards in the afterlife. Mr. Bush is a big believer too huh? lol

2. SparklingJewel profile image67

Bush administration do something about it...??? what? they were just pawns, every government is, of the ultra big bankers and businesses and ultra rich families that have been around for  centuries.

Also, at one point in the video, the narrator referred to the elections of 1996 that had not happened yet...the whole point of the video was that the "cycles of business" (of which war is only one facet of its perpetuation) was created in a particular way and has been going 'round and round' or rather, up and down for centuries...our current situation is just another round of the same ole same ole, and the majority of the people still haven't awakened to it all.

The religious right have a spiritual sense about it all, that they connect with patriotism and the founding fathers and their mystical understanding of the "Order of the Universe", God...which the liberal left doesn't seem to appreciate.

I am not saying right have it all right, or that the left have it all right...but the "moneychangers" (as they are called in the video) certainly know how to keep them fighting each other and blind to how they are manipulated by the "elite".

big_smile

4. Make  Money profile image67

Well I got around to watching the video last night.  What a clear understanding of the "money changers".  Note how it quotes 3 or 4 popes ending with Pope Pius XI's quote "For what will it prophet men that a more prudent distribution and use of riches make it possible for them to gain even the whole world, if thereby they suffer the loss of their own soul?"  This video that SJ posted makes it very clear to me why the "money changers" financed William of Orange to over throw the rightful James II.  And when Queen Anne died why about 56 people that had more of a claim to the crown of England were bypassed for the German George I.  James II and the 56 were Catholics so the "money changers" were concerned that a Catholic monarch might re-establish a usury law or put an end to fractional lending practices.  This video also makes it clear why the Catholic faith was outlawed in the British Isles from the time of Queen Elizabeth I in the 1500s to about 1829 (except for a short period).  It also makes it clear why there is so much "anti papist" crap coming from some Protestant pulpits.  Now it makes me wonder whether the whole Protestant Reformation was kindled and financed by the "money changers".  It's very clear that Martin Luthers 91 thesis was not a declaration of war against the Catholic Church if you read it but I have read some German Princes pushed it into the blood bath that it became in Germany.  Thank you very much for posting this video SparklingJewel.  It makes everything I have read more clear.  This video makes it look like that zeitgeist video was produced by the "money changers".  I'll have to read what they say on their web site, http://www.themoneymasters.com/

We are obviously seeing this video from two different perspective SparklingJewel.  The majority of the religious right follow dispensationalism and Christian Zionism and are helping the "money changers".  As far as I am concerned you can separate dispensationalists into two groups.  One group is basically Forcing God's Hand thinking they can hurry the second coming of Jesus Christ.  The other group thinks the same as the zionists that their messiah will rule the whole world from Israel with the zionists in charge of all the wealth of the world.  These dispensationalists think that messiah will rule for a thousand years but that messiah won't be Jesus Christ and that messiah will just sit in the temple for 3 and a half years.  Don't believe me they prove it themselves by what they preach and write about.  Or you can read what I have to say from page 3 to page 6 on this Religion vs the Bible thread.  Dispensationalism, like zionism has been around for just over 100 years.  Dispensationalism, no matter what form it takes is clearly a twisted idea.  A lot of American Catholics have been duped into joining the religious right to vote republican because they think every vote is a one issue vote against abortion.  After 35 years it should be clear the republicans have no intention of reversing Row vs Wade and American Catholics are finally getting that through their thick skulls.               

Coincidentally knolyourself last night on CTV they interviewed a former American ambassador to Canada.  Guess what they were talking about.  Yep, they didn't mention it in the words 'North American Union' but they talked about a US/Canada area for protection and commerce.

This page wouldn't load for me yesterday knolyourself.  So they have known about the problem of the looming financial bubble not just from March 2007 when the video that SJ posted was first put up but from at least September, 2006, without doing anything about it.  They called Murdoff's scam a ponzi but I have been thinking, like that sites says, with the derivatives and all that crap the whole American financial system has been a ponzi.

The video that SparklingJewel posted ends with a conclusion to correct the mess that wouldn't be very painful for anybody except for the "money changers".  We'll soon see if Obama's administration is for the few "money changers" or the rest of us.  If this thread was in the religion forum I'd be saying, in the spirit of Elias (Elijah for Protestants), repent of your sins. smile

Mike

Last week I read a Sept. 2008 Times magazine article that quoted Warren Buffet from 2003 saying "derivatives are Weapons of Mass Financial Destruction."

So if the powers that be had have listened to Warren Buffet in 2003 that means they had 6 years to prevent a looming financial melt down.

2. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 15 years ago

""The powers of financial capitalism had a far-reaching plan, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole..."
    But then came communism, a fly in the ointment.

Actually, according to the video, even Lennin said he could not overcome the "moneychangers".

3. knolyourself profile image60

"Actually, according to the video, even Lenin said he could not overcome the "money changers"."
    They do apparently fund both sides. They did that in the early days of
    the big communist movements. But then they lost control. They been trying to overthrow Castro for 50 years. However while they don't control
    Cuba, Russia or China and some others, someone has maintained a war hysteria for all these years, so that the Military Industrial Complex has made kazillions off the US tax payer.

4. profile image0
    pgrundyposted 15 years ago

I personally think the video is cheesy and the theory behind it isn't much better. People are lapping it up right now because they are frightened, and conspiracy theories sell well to frightened people. You get your 'bad guys' (the Federal Reserve, international bankers), you got your motive (total world domination), you got your your guys who are THE ONLY ONES WHO KNOW THE TRUTH.

Geesh, it's so freakin' cheesy. It could be a UFO video.

The Federal Reserve is a private institution. Big deal. So are banks. So are credit unions. We have a huge national debt because we're forever going to war and war is expensive, really really expensive. And we love to do it. We love to wave those flags and get all hot about it.
    Our financial system is failing because starting with Reagan, we allowed wholesale deregulation of the banking and financial services industry.

The most harmful single action was probably the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act passed in 1999 with a big boost by John McCain and his friend Phil Gramm, the guy who called America "a nation of whiners." The Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act repealed the Glass Steagall Act of 1933 which made it illegal for retail banks to offer investment, commercial banking, and insurance services.

Immediately after the regulation was repealed, there was a veritable orgy of mergers and acquisitions that resulted in huge conglomerate banks like Citi that ate up insurance companies (like Travellers) and other smaller entities that did not belong in banking. That done, the behemoths proceeded to lobby Congress and gut the remaining regulations that had been in place since the crash of 1929.

But yeah, it's easier to just believe an international banking cabal that drinks the blood of children and has been operating secretly for over a hundred years is responsible--Not only is it easier, it absolves ordinary people from having to actually participate in government and educate themselves about finance and banking. So it's not that we, as Americans, dropped the ball and just let corporations run our government for us without even making a peep, it's a VAST CONSPIRACY that no one could have stopped.

Sure it is. Whatever.

Next thing you know we'll be stringing up Jews. That's usually what happens next when people start talking like this. Just so you know.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image66
      Ralph Deedsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Right on, Pam, as usual.

5. knolyourself profile image60

Agree with much of what you say.
    One world goverment or the new world order, black UN helicopters in tin foil hats, the constant cry of the right.
    "We have a huge national debt because we're forever going to war and war is expensive, really really expensive."
    So that was our idea to go to Afghanistan and Iraq. Missed that one. I thought someone made up a lot of nonsense about WMD  and lied us into war.

1. profile image0
      pgrundyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

We have to take some responsibility for the wars we get into. We supposedly have a representative government. People made noise about Vietnam. The world made noise about Iraq and Afghanistan, we made a lot less noise.

If people want to understand the financial meltdown, why don't they pick up a book, or read the newspapers, pr involve themselves in what their Congresspersons are up to--You Tube is not the first place I personally would go for information.

6. knolyourself profile image60

"You Tube is not the first place I personally would go for information."
    Personally I don't use UTube or videos much either. However I dare say
    I don't think it can be doubted, one could get better information from Utube, than from the mainstream media. Otherwise everyone would have knoiwn the economic meltdown was to come, rather than the incessant promotion of war and deregulation by the media for long these many years.

1. profile image0

I know what you mean, but actually my daughters (ages 30 and 26) and I saw it coming at least two years before the bottom fell out of the real estate market, and I was complaining about deregulation for years before that. But I think you are right--you have to dig, and you have to be critical of what you read and what people say. Cable news is nearly worthless--it's all punditry and soundbytes--but C-Span is pretty good. Not exciting, but good.

It's not that I think there aren't greedy evil people hogging all the money. I just don't think it's a vast cloak and dagger conspiracy. It's just greed and no small amount of stupidity for seasoning. Before the housing market tanked, they had kids who would normally be working at WalMart or Burger King brokering mortgages here. My oldest daughter briefly worked for a broker who could write a mortgage for anyone who could show $1,000 in a month of discretionary income---no proof of a job, no verification, just stated income and something showing you had $1,000 laying around somewhere. You don't have to a  financial wizard to realize that can't end well.

7. knolyourself profile image60

September 11, 2006
    http://www.smirkingchimp.com/thread/407
    Pretty much predicted.

8. knolyourself profile image60

Yes we agree except for the:
    " I just don't think it's a vast cloak and dagger conspiracy."
    I read some of the consiracy theorists. Often seems a better explanation.

9. profile image0

Well, it's an easier explanation. I just don't think people are that clever. Conspiracies require a level of cleverness and stealth that I don't think our government or our bankers possess.  smile

But you may be proved right in the end.

10. knolyourself profile image60

"Well, it's an easier explanation"
    Actually it's not. It is incredibly complicated all the connections and all kept secret with only a few people trying to sort it all out.
    On a morbid or humorous note depending one's attitude...
    "Orszag was, after all, the founder and president of the economic consultancy firm which advised the Central Bank of Iceland - before it went bankrupt." That's Peter R. Orszag Obama's appointment for Office of management and budget.

11. profile image0

OMG. That's disturbing. But not really all that shocking. I mean, Geithner is Treasury Secretary? The head of the Fed in NY?

It's all going to be OK. I just saw Bernanke on the news saying by 2010 we'll all be fine.

I guess we can relax now, huh?

12. Make  Money profile image67
    Make Moneyposted 15 years ago

Well I kind of agree but I would put it this way.

Government, Banking System, and some twisted religious ideas (Dispensationalism and the rapture which Bush believes) - all the same.

The powers that be must have something planned if they knew there was going to be a financial melt down 2 years ago and did nothing to stop it.  What do you think they have planned?

13. knolyourself profile image60

" What do you think they have planned?"
    How about your 'North American Union'. Or Obama's economic team all seem to be either advocates of or have participated in privatization of government owned assets. Allthough Paul Craig Roberts seems to feel that these people are simply incompetents on a grand order.

14. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image60
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 15 years ago

Some people say that a senior person in Bush administration had huge stake in oil. He instigated Iraq war to boost crude price and profit from that. We know what US had to pay for that!!!
    If one could go to the extend of making profit at the cost of Nations repute, what could not be done by them with banking system.
    Does every body know that Federal Bank has nothing to do with Federal system?
    It is a private one.

Jyoti Kothari

1. Ralph Deeds profile image66
      Ralph Deedsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Bush Vice President, Dick Cheney, was CEO of a major construction company that benefited greatly from U.S. government contracts in Iraq. I'm not sure whether he also had financial interests in oil. Many of his buddies and Bush supporters certainly did.

15. Mark Knowles profile image57
    Mark Knowlesposted 15 years ago

Mike you should really watch that zeitgeist video all the way through sad

Perhaps then you might get it through your bigoted head that - The Catholic Church is one of the Money Changers

They have sizeable interests in the following banks:

Rothschilds
    Hambros Bank
    Credit Suisse
    Morgan Bank
    Chase-Manhattan Bank
    First National Bank of New York
    Bankers Trust Company
    The Federal Reserve

Amongst many others.....

Sheesh.........

16. profile image0

This thread has gotten so confusing.

The Catholic Church a money changer? No doubt! Isn't that where the whole 'golden candlesticks' rap comes from, the Church's love of money? The Catholic Church burned millions of women and a few men in the 15th and 16th centuries just so they could take their property.  It's just not nice, is it? I don't see that they've changed much.

I have watched Zeitgeist but I thought it was kind of goofy. Is this whole conspiracy thing kind of like the financial version of The DaVinci Code? big_smile

It is just part of the picture. Admittedly a little over the top, but .....

1. Sufidreamer profile image79
        Sufidreamerposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Wrote an article recently about European Banking at the time of the Reformation. Nothing has changed - The Protestant and Catholic Churches tried to restrict interest on loans to six percent, but ended up having to concede. Lots of people invested non-existent money, banks went belly up and the governments of most nations decided to set up state-controlled central banks.

The rest is history - we never learn sad

1. profile image0

Yes, this is my theory--we're just greedy by nature as a species and this is what happens over and over. A few people hog all the money, things go wrong, there's violence, then it starts all over again. At least, that's how it looks from here. smile

1. profile image0
            Leta Sposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I believe it to be a pathology--based on fear and the fact that we are somewhat between heaven and earth, and although there is a choice, it is not humanity's true nature.

Once a society forgets the importance of philosophers, musicians and artists, it is all over. sad

1. Jewels profile image83
                Jewelsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

How true is this statement!  It's our life experience of Good v Evil, our own tesselated pavement.  The Forces of Evil win when all there is is materialism.

What an amazing game. I need more popcorn. smile

2. TheMoneyGuy profile image69
          TheMoneyGuyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Who has state controlled banks, even after the Bolshevik Revolution Rockefeller's bank in Russia was still private,  All the smaller banks were nationalized and placed as puppets under that central bank. 

Just curious?

It was during the Reformation that England, France and the Netherlands set up the state central banks, eg. the Bank of England. Private banks encouraged speculation, set against land, but had a tendency to fail.

Try Sandra Sider 'Handbook to life in Reformation Europe' - it is in Google Books search, page 209. You really could replace the names with modern institutions and not notice - business as usual.

Before the reformation it was the Templars - destroyed because they became too rich and powerful.

Lita: Thanks for the praise - the Greeks teach philosophy at school, and you notice the difference. Artists like you, and investigative types like TMG and Knol show that there is free thought in America - it is not all over yet!

What is MFA? - can't be arsed to Wiki it

EDIT: As for the pessimism - ran out of Ouzo, and whisky makes me maudlin sad

17. Make  Money profile image67
    Make Moneyposted 15 years ago

Mark you should get it through your head that a paper surfaced over 200 years ago that talked about a plan to slander and subvert the Catholic Church.  It said the plan was to be handed from generation to generation just exactly like the "money changers" plan.  That zeitgeist video was produced by the "money changers".  Mark you are their pawn and you don't even realize it.

Have you actually watched it all the way through?

2. livelonger profile image85
      livelongerposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Ah yes, the Protocols of the Elders of Zion. That fine piece of work. roll

Well, Make Money clearly hasn't watched that video. He watched the first few minutes and didn't bother watching the rest.

I have made my own plan to subvert the church - and there is nothing slanderous about it.

But let's talk about pawns....... big_smile

No, I said the paper surfaced over 200 years ago so it clearly wasn't the Protocols of the Elders of Zion.  They say the Protocols are a fraud, but I've read that some of the things that are predicted in it have come true already.

I watched the zeitgeist video for the second time the other night.  Like I say on the bottom of  this page on the Loose Change thread it's worth watching if you can get passed the first 40 minutes of it.

Yeah I know you have plans.  Tell me Mark, does your plans have anything to do with culling a large potion of population of the human race.  By some of your posts in the Religion forums you would think it does.  And you say you are not a communist.  Bull shite.

Culling? Who said anything about culling? lol Communism? Who said anything about that?  lol

Really Make Money Changers - You have been listening to too many fairy tales. lol

2. livelonger profile image85
            livelongerposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Suddenly I feel like a fool actually trying to engage you in dialogue in the past. Won't happen again!

18. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image60

Yes, as a species we are greedy and violent. It is our greed that allow some caning people to stage a drama that reap all of our assets.
    They know how to turn greed of people to their benefit.

Jyoti Kothari

19. knolyourself profile image60

I think it all a matter of worth. Get your worth internally. Or get it externally as
    fame and fortune and whatever it takes. Also easy to exploit the worthless for their own good.

20. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 15 years ago

Which I believe is our true nature, Sufi, smile.

'Tis a passing thought.

The Greek politicians feared the philosophers. The Celtic and Viking rulers could be brought down by a bard's words. The Roman populace was inspired by the satire of Catullus and Martial. Chaucer had a wonderful disrespect for authority.

Journalists, and political musicians and writers, kept modern governments in check, but the corporate homogenization of culture has put paid to that notion. sad

1. profile image0

Yes, yes, to some extent.  But I would counter that the rise of the internet, and even (tho it is annoying) the increasing interest in MFA programs--and even more advanced education all around (though others here see it otherwise) might signal a positive advancement of said nature.

(Are all the guys in this place slightly if not totally cynical?, lol)

I have always believed that the pen was mightier than the sword or the corporate reaches.  I think you are actually living proof of it there in Greece, Sufi.  smile

21. TheMoneyGuy profile image69
    TheMoneyGuyposted 15 years ago

I will take a look.  Gracias

No worries - I do not have the best grasp on economics, but it seems that when people gamble with money that does not exist, it goes horribly wrong.

I am going to stick with bartering computer lessons for turnips - at least I know that they exist, because I just ate them smile

1. TheMoneyGuy profile image69

Sufi,

Just took a look, all of those countries had private banks, the closest to a government bank is the bank of England the link below, it was nationalised in 1946, but left in control of its private owner banks so really it is just another shell game like our Fed.  People think it is their assett and the reality is the other way around.

http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/about/history/index.htm

Lita, I just started drinking so the cheer level should be up in about an hour. smile

TMG

Enjoy the drink, TMG.

Try this one - working through the reference list!

http://www.boisestate.edu/courses/refor … oney.shtml

One thing seems clear - it was all smoke and mirrors in 16th century Europe, too.

22. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 15 years ago

Sufi--
    Oh, sorry.  Forgot that was written in American.  smile  Master of Fine Arts programs.  The equivalent of a PhD--a terminal degree--only in the fine arts.  There has been an explosion of them here in the last 15 years--both writing and art programs (this the areas I know of).

Also in publishing....  So much so that I think we are done with 'canons.'  Also in expression of aesthetics as far as visual arts.

But I ramble....  No, it is definitely not over yet.

Edit:  Or lyrical, smile  You and TMG need to drink more of the other, then...

1. BDazzler profile image77
      BDazzlerposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Terminal? It never killed any of my friends who got it ... granted, it came close, in a couple of cases smile

1. profile image0

Haha.  It came close to killing a few of my friends, too, and even, me...  But you get through it and put it all into context, smile

2. Sufidreamer profile image79

lol lol lol

Glad to hear that there is some fightback, Lita.

Ireland has a good system - artists and musicians are exempt from basic rate tax. Still poor, but at least they can afford food. smile

Artists get a lot of respect in Greece, too - mind you, I had one stupid woman telling me that I was not a 'proper' writer. I just about managed to restrain myself from poking her eyes out, Oedipus style. mad

Huh Huh he said Oedipus!!!!

I don't know why but I just loved Beavis and Butthead.

TMG

Oh I just read that comment I made, I am going to eat something before I continue drinking. 

tMG

2. Sufidreamer profile image79

lol lol lol

Me too - classic comedy!

23. Ralph Deeds profile image66
    Ralph Deedsposted 15 years ago

Here's a link to a story in today's NYTimes by Joe Nocera entitled "Propping Up a House of Cards."  He describes in plain English the sad story of AIG which is becoming a bottomless pit of bailout money.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/28/busin … amp;st=cse

Excellent Article Ralph,

When I worked for AIG what amazed me most was they believed in their heart of hearts they were doing the right thing for their customers and they were doing the right thing for AIG by making such brilliant little moves.

That is why I have so many cynical ideas about large organizations they get this little group think going and everyone operates in a vacuum doing what is best for them without access to the big picture and the ramifications.  Everything is celled off so that no one can be held culpable. 

I am not sure if it is really in the best interest of the US to prop up AIG for the sake of the Global economy. I Oft wonder if it would not be better just to hit ctl-alt-del on the whole economy and just reboot.

TMG

Re-boot...wouldn't that be great? no debt, no credit, nothing to live on but your own hard work, fresh vegetables from your own garden, and creating your own system of barter and trade and currency. I use to tease my kids that one day sea shells would be used for money, that all the beautiful shells we had on our shelves would make us rich...but that we would be richer still because we didn't need money;  because we were honest in hard work, and had only honesty and truth in our relationships, but that we must also become more wise to the scoundrels of the world.

1. Jewels profile image83

People would fight to have more shells. Isn't it the nature of the human beast?

2. Jewels profile image83

Reminds me of the movie The Devils Advocate.  "Believing in their heart of hearts they were doing the right thing."  That group thing is called a meme and once in, it's hard not to play by the rules of the game set up by the meme.  Corporate memes are very alluring and subliminally disempowering.  Before you know it you believe in company policy, you walk the walk, talk the talk and you sell your soul for your wages, but you've no idea you've sold your soul.  (Families have their own memes, same principle, but another topic.)

Perhaps someone has pressed the reboot button on the same system, we just don't realise it yet.

24. knolyourself profile image60

"Pretty much predicted."
    By that I meant it was predicted by the author Witney. But then he was predicting it since the 90s. Think most of the players actually thought they had beat the system with new models of risk free instruments, like gamblers who think they have  invented an unbeatable system. Then there were a lot of gangsters and speculators gaming the system like AIG and many on Wall Street. The new technology that created instant trading in millions and billions that people didn't really understand and still don't, the ramifications of. Then there is the systemic government criminal activity as government policy laundering drug money and what not.
    http://www.globalresearch.ca/articles/HUD403A.html

25. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image60

What do you think? What should people do now? Will they not go again to the politicians with a hope? Will not be captured in the web of  opportunists?

Jyoti Kothari

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)