jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

What have you changed your mind about?

1. 59
    AnalogousMethodposted 3 years ago

What is some political position you have changed your mind about because of a discussion you had with someone else?

For me, I would say stimulus spending. I used to think that it was ok, but I have come to realize that stimulus spending can't be used because our government has shown they will not use it properly or responsibly.

1. John Holden profile image59
      John Holdenposted 3 years ago in reply to this

CPR is wrong because somebody who did not know what they were doing killed somebody!

2. 0
      Beth37posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Oh my goodness, I think this is such a great premise for a thread, but does it have to be political only?

3. MelissaBarrett profile image61
      MelissaBarrettposted 3 years ago in reply to this

A poster on these forums (who has since deleted his account) was very pro-gun. I was very anti-gun. While I still lean towards gun-control, I am far more moderate. He made good points... when he wasn't being a defensive arse.

I miss him muchly.

1. 0

That's awesome.

2. 0
    Beth37posted 3 years ago

Wait, never mind. My answer is political. When I was very young I would have thought voting republican was the best choice, but now I am much more open minded to voting for the best person for the job as opposed to their affiliation. It's a very simple notion, I know, but as we age, we mature... hopefully. smile

1. Tbland profile image62
      Tblandposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I was a lot more liberal when I was younger following family tradition. But I have become more conservative as I get older and as I watch this country spiral out of control. It's not just politics either, look at the entertain world, the sub-standard schools. We have more tech than we can teach people how to use it...But that's just me.

1. 0

That's why I love the idea for this thread. In time, we usually change for the better (hopefully) and personal growth is such an interesting topic... especially b/c it takes humility to say, "I was wrong, but I'm learning."