jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (8 posts)

About Fraud and deceipt and politics.

1. Ericdierker profile image80
    Ericdierkerposted 3 years ago

I think it is becoming obvious in a bi-partisan way that our President was deceitful regarding the impact of the ACA.
    I know that he said we would not be cancelled. I know that he said in place policies would go down in premiums. Neither of these are true. And this fact was placed in the federal registry in 2010.

Other presidents have lied and been caught -- Clinton was impeached. Nixon resigned.

These were bi-partisan realities.

Right now I would sign an impeachment petition. It sounds like a few dem leaders might also.

This is pretty bad.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image84
      Kathryn L Hillposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Then we would have Joe Bidden. Actually, If Obama would just cut off the puppet strings…………
      Get out the scissors, man!
      (Edward Scissors-hands where are you when we need you?)
      I guess if its your life or the country's which would you choose?
      I would choose the country's. But thats just me.
      Put it up to another vote, Mr. president, in the next election! If it fails, it fails... we're done.
      - unless there is really something in it for you.

2. bBerean profile image62
      bBereanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I realize you may never have been on the Obama bandwagon, but it is and will continue to be, interesting to see at what point different folks jump ship.  Plenty of data was available to expose the nature and trajectory of this administration, years ago.  Nevertheless, as a nation we inexplicably looked at the first term and said, "thank you sir, may I have another."  Increasingly impossible to ignore the proliferation of exposed deceit and scandals, when will people finally reach their individual thresholds, and actively seek to disassociate themselves in an attempt to retain some credibility and dignity?

Ericdierkerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Aw esome and well said dBerean, I was split on Obama -- And I could not rally behind him. But hey I have an Obama baby. My eldest works under that regime and I always keep in mind that he is in essence great, if for no other reason he is POTUS and that carries a lot of water for me. Here is a for instance. Gayness. I have a hell of hard time sometimes keeping my "marriage" on track -- I think it is foolish for Gay people to want the right to a 50%+ failure rate. And I really do not want anyone asking me how hetero I am because I am low in testosterone. (poor wife). But I respect the man for championing this cause. He is my president.
        But we take out quarterbacks when they are broken. His lying has broke him. I like a quick pull of the band aid not a slow one.
        At least with Biden we would stop this in it's tracks. And again I do not appreciate the man. But I think he is a man who has devoted his life to service. These guys at the top are all outstanding. But fraud is kind of a deal breaker.

1. bBerean profile image62
          bBereanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It is a catch 22 of sorts for me, Eric.  I do, and always have respected the office, but at what point does that very respect demand speaking out against the man you feel is now disgracing it?

Argh, good friend. Your insights are marvelous. I have a two edge sword at my neck. Judge harshly and I kill my ideals. Let it go and I fail for my ideals. Stand self righteous and teach my son pomposity. Let it go and teach him what -- apathy and complacency.
            I guess it is time for a deep breath and to take up truth. It is a lot more effort than I care to expend. Damned duty of citizenship!!!

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image84
              Kathryn L Hillposted 3 years ago in reply to this

and of survival.

I know when to draw my piece and do not see a villain walking through no doors.
                but ya there is one creeping out on my couch.

working