jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Wal-Mart bans man for life for matching ads

1. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 2 years ago

Joe Cantrell made a hobby out of browsing local stores and going to Wal-Mart to get the cheapest prices for its products through ad matching, according to television station WXYZ. However, last week, Cantrell took a trip to Wal-Mart's San Tan Valley, Ariz., location, where an employee stopped him and told him he wasn’t allowed to ad match. Cantrell got upset and complained to management. Upon his return trip four days later, he was placed in handcuffs by local law enforcement.
    http://money.msn.com/saving-money-tips/ … tching-ads
    Well the employee stated that they felt threatened? Ha!.Walmart doesn't seem to honor their own practices.

2. Zelkiiro profile image85
    Zelkiiroposted 2 years ago

When I worked at Walmart, it was simply, "Oh, you're gonna Price Match? Got print evidence? You do? Hrmm...yep, there it is. Alright. Price Override..."

It's not even something secret, either; management encouraged us to ask for price matches.

What is this madness?!

3. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago

The lawsuit is from the specific employee, not Walmart.  And he says it is because he was threatened and roughed up.

So... I suspect that the first guy to go to the media may not be telling the whole truth.

4. 0
    Beth37posted 2 years ago

I got a call at my store from walmart the other day. Some guy had given a ridiculous price for a cut of meat and apparently he was cussing the walmart associate up and down saying they had to match our stores price. Finally, the mng. had had enough, and actually called us. I looked thru our flier and we had no deal like that so she was probably really pleased to tell the guy to take his business elsewhere.

Edt: was that a really boring story? lol... It was, sorry.

5. Disappearinghead profile image88
    Disappearingheadposted 2 years ago

Walmart? The corporation responsible for putting independent stores out of business in small towns via its price matching enabled by subsidising the sales price on the back of profitable stores elsewhere, then hiking the prices back up when the competition has been driven out? Hey that's unrestrained capitalism for you.

1. Silverspeeder profile image62
      Silverspeederposted 2 years ago in reply to this

And people really don't want to buy cheap food do they.......................