jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)

Who has watched Robert Reichs' "Inequality For All"?

1. rhamson profile image77
    rhamsonposted 2 years ago

I watched this documentary the other day and it has some very startling comparisons with data.

rhamsonposted 2 years ago in reply to this

It amazes me that nobody has watched this informative film.

1. wilderness profile image96
        wildernessposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Too lazy.  I very much prefer my information in written form where I can skip back and look at something quickly.  Reaffirm data from another source by flipping between screens and quotes the same.  It also takes a quarter the time to get a much better grasp on the information, without having to deal with all the body language and verbal, emotional, facial spin that speakers so like to use.

An open mind if ever I heard one. By the way I knew you would say that.

2. GA Anderson profile image87
        GA Andersonposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I stumbled on Robert Reich today in pursuit of something else. I remembered seeing this thread so I thought it only fair to return and comment.

On one point I want to complain that you have added yet one more time-sucker to my already crowded agenda.

But a more important point, and directly related to the first point, is that I am posting this after watching 3 hours of Reich videos.

A very interesting man that I am sorry to admit I had never heard of before. Thanks for expanding my interests.

As for his concepts - so far I am finding more agreement and understanding than disagreement. He did lose me on one of his talks in which he supported cap and trade, but otherwise he seems a very sincere and knowledgeable speaker.

I think his points on the "inequality gap," (that it exists is hard to deny),  pose some valid questions that are not being considered by many people in discussions about it.

I found what he spoke of to make sense. His timed graphs show interesting phases of the economy through the last 80 years. I still take pause at his solutions as for one thing to get his proposals through Congress would be near impossible as it directly affects their ability to get a piece of the pie. Even though Eisenhower balanced the budget as it soared, a 90% tax rate is hard to swallow for the 1% nor should it be entirely put at their doorstep. If any of us were given the opportunity and had the capital I dare say many would not pursue the same tact.

2. Credence2 profile image85
      Credence2posted 2 years ago in reply to this

I plan to access and view the film in a few days. Robert Reich is certainly a kindred spirit.