jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (12 posts)

Our Next President Is?

1. lesliebyars profile image76
    lesliebyarsposted 3 years ago

Who should be our next U.S. President and why?

1. rhamson profile image77
      rhamsonposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It's a trick question, right? Who should be and who probably will be is at different ends of the spectrum. The short list includes party mules who trudge us through all sorts of promise yet return to the same old rhetoric with nothing getting done. If a newcomer bursts onto the scene the focus is placed on if he had an illegal alien as part of a lawn maintenance crew that worked next door to his parents house as a trumped up scandal to marginalize his leadership qualities. In the long run with the lack of concern and short sighted due diligence the American electorate takes in choosing a President we really get the stooge we deserve.

Term Limits, Publicly Funded Campaigns and Lobby Reform and a caring electorate is our only hope of getting a working government.

2. wba108@yahoo.com profile image81
      wba108@yahoo.composted 3 years ago in reply to this

Our next president should be a Republican if history is the judge of future events. Only once from ww2 on have we ever elected a candidate of the same party three times. The Republicans have a deep field of good candidates with high name recognition. My list would include Christie, Rubio, Jeb Bush, Rand Paul and Paul Ryan.

2. OldRoses profile image88
    OldRosesposted 3 years ago

I hope it's not Hillary.  I have no respect for a woman who stays with a cheater like Bill Clinton.  She should have divorced him years ago and led her own life rather than depending on him to help her get ahead.

Unless the GOP can find a likable character they even like to run there is a strong possibility that Hillary will be a shoe in. We get what we deserve.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image84
        Kathryn L Hillposted 3 years ago in reply to this

...like we have a say. Although I heard they might pull a fast one and throw in  another Bush into the mix!

3. janesix profile image60
    janesixposted 3 years ago

Anyone but a politician.

Can't happen with the current group of characters in charge. If Congress is the epitome of our corrupt political system then why should it not reason the slimiest of the bunch rises to the chief executives office?

1. janesix profile image60
        janesixposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I know. It's sad.

Any decent politician who is actually looking out for his fellow citizens probably gets stomped into the mud early on in the game.

2. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Another Ross Perot?  My vote went there...

1. janesix profile image60
        janesixposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Sure, that sounds fine. Although I would prefer a Gandhi.

1. wilderness profile image95
          wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Well, me too.  I just don't know one that would accept the nomination.  Not in our political morass, anyway.

working