jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Why is death such a bad thing?

1. deecoleworld profile image86
    deecoleworldposted 3 years ago

Why is death such a bad thing? Who decides that death is a bad thing? Is this an innate fear, a media invention, or combination? Shouldn't we all look forward to death? Not in the sad suicide, unhealthy way. But perhaps in a different, more productive way?

1. profile image0
      Beth37posted 3 years ago in reply to this

I believe in the afterlife. For me, it holds more hope and joy than this life. Death is not something to fear, but it's simply a crossing. There is great sadness in saying goodbye to the ones you love, but it is temporary. Even that pain lessens in time.

2. rhamson profile image75
      rhamsonposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Fear of the unknown.

2. psycheskinner profile image79
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

As an athiest I am not keen in ceasing to exist.

3. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 3 years ago

I do not see death as a bad thing.  For those that have lived a full life death can and should be a normal, and expected thing.

1. profile image0
      Beth37posted 3 years ago in reply to this

I wonder if there are ppl out there who do not expect it.

1. wilderness profile image94
        wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I doubt that anyone really thinks their body will last forever.  They just decline to think about it, and maybe you could say they therefore don't expect it.

4. deecoleworld profile image86
    deecoleworldposted 3 years ago

THANKS FOR ALL THE GREAT ANSWERS SOOO FAR!!!!

5. Paul Wingert profile image78
    Paul Wingertposted 3 years ago

Since the human body is about $5 (USD) worth in chemical elements, and when decomposed after death,  that could be recycled into a new life(s) form, considering that everything has a life cycle. Who knows, in a way, the folks that thought up reincarnation (obviously they're thinking in a spiritual way) may unknowingly be on to something. But I don't know, you don't know, nobody knows.

working