jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

1941 Lindbergh's speech foretells the future of the US

1. maxoxam41 profile image79
    maxoxam41posted 3 years ago

http://youtu.be/BeRB0axvAh0. History repeats itself.

1. profile image0
      Sooner28posted 3 years ago in reply to this

It says the link wasn't found.  I don't know if it's just my computer or what.

maxoxam41posted 3 years ago in reply to this

http://youtu.be/BeRB0axvAh0
        Sir Edward Grey, foreign secretary of England asked Woodrow Wilson's adviser Colonel Edward house : " What will America do if Germans sink an ocean liner with American passengers on board?".
        House answered : "I believe that a flame of indignation would sweep the US and that by itself it would be sufficient to carry us into war".
        On May, 7th 1915, the Lusitania was sent in an area infested with German U-boats. 1200 Americans died and America entered the war.
        It was the Sept 11 event of 1914-1918.

1. Silverspeeder profile image59
          Silverspeederposted 3 years ago in reply to this

2 points Max. 128 Americans died and the US entered the war nearly 2 years later when the Germans declared unrestricted submarine warfare.
          The fact that the sinking had some baring on the decision is undeniable the assumption it was the only reason is foolish.

maxoxam41posted 3 years ago in reply to this

One thousand one hundred nineteen of the 1,924 aboard died. The dead included 114 Americans. I made a mistake.
            Then what about the gulf of Tonkin incident are you going to negate it too?
            What is interesting is our will to enter war at whatever cost. In Sept 11, we found whatever reason (weapon of mass destruction) to wage war. You have to acknowledge that it is a behavioral pattern.

1. Silverspeeder profile image59
              Silverspeederposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Of course its a behavioural pattern, the US was born of war.

working