jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

Can a practical joke go too far? And if so, what practical joke do you find anno

1. swilliams profile image84
    swilliamsposted 3 years ago

Some people say I need to lighten up when it comes to practical jokes, however some jokes are not funny. Such as placing clear wrap over the toilet seat, and hanging spiders near the doors. I don't like it.

1. brakel2 profile image86
      brakel2posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Someone I know makes jokes that are put downs. An employee where I worked put tacks on someone's chair and scotch tape on a phone. so it would not ring. I find these types of jokes distasteful. The employee situation almost resulted in dismissals, but they were given a second chance. Some people think they are funny when, in reality, their behavior is juvenile. I agree with your premise.

2. JayFS profile image85
    JayFSposted 3 years ago

Some jokes are funny, and others are not. Jokes that cause physical or emotional pain are NOT ok, such as the tack example by brakel.

3. Helena Ricketts profile image96
    Helena Rickettsposted 3 years ago

I agree with you as well.  Jokes can be funny but when they feed on someone's fear or injure someone, even in the slightest,  then they have gone too far.

1. swilliams profile image84
      swilliamsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Jokes that feed on someone's emotions, Very good insight.

4. swilliams profile image84

Hi brake12 tacks in someone's chair? I can't believe this is an employee. I shamefully admit I did partake in a tack incident but, I was in 3rd grade. I got in a lot of trouble. However to do this as an adult is distasteful.

5. Kiss andTales profile image23
    Kiss andTalesposted 3 years ago

I like to read hubs because this allows me to view good written stories. I also can relate because I really do believe there is nothing under the son man has not done or tried. And so with that thought I know as a bible reader there would be something on the subject. I found it . It says in the Book of Proverbs 26:18-19 it reads
    18 Like a madman who shoots fiery missiles, arrows, and death*
    19 Is the man who plays a trick on his neighbor and says, “I was only joking!”

The book of proverbs was written and inspired as a book of wisdom from above.

6. swilliams profile image84

I like that. This is true Mr. Kiss and Tales. You should not go around saying I was only joking after the person is hurt. Good Stuff!

1. Kiss andTales profile image23
      Kiss andTalesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You are Welcome ! I was happy to find your post. Looking forward to your next one. KT

7. swilliams profile image84

Thanks Ms. K.T.!

working