jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Will Syria be the beginning of a 3rd world war?

1. maxoxam41 profile image79
    maxoxam41posted 2 years ago

Israel attacked Syria, Turkey just pretended that it attacked a Syrian plane that "violated" its airspace (as if Syria didn't have enough problem to create one more). We finance Israel, Turkey..., Syria, in its resistance is helped by Russia. We are in the presence of two enemy powers. We are the instigators, they defend their interests. Your opinion?

1. rhamson profile image75
      rhamsonposted 2 years ago in reply to this

We have had too many fingers in the cookie jar for a very long time. If not for the oil and the holocaust we would have a very different world.

maxoxam41posted 2 years ago in reply to this

The holocaust has never been our motivation.
        We would have had another world if Russia didn't collapse with Eltsin paving the way to our hegemony.

1. rhamson profile image75
          rhamsonposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Surely you must realize without the Holocaust there would be no Israel. The US turned the refugees away at their shores and helped immeasurably to establish the Zion State. That was my reference and without the oil the US would turn up its noses at anything Arabic. As far as Russia, they have all been in the mix to lure away those that need something they have or those they can appease anyone put off by US intervention. Morals don't even play into the picture as "interests" of all involved overplay any right or wrong scenario.

With this precision I can't but agree with you. The only difference would lie with Russia. We want Russia out of power. We are aiming at its destruction for us to rule the world.
            I don't see Russia as our enemy but us as their enemy. They didn't try to destabilize any of our trading partners whereas we intervened in Ukraine to handicap them.

2. pramodgokhale profile image61
    pramodgokhaleposted 2 years ago

Western allies and Russia , both do not carry moral, values but self interests. When USA bombed Vietnam by  agent Orange deadly nerve gas , then why US questions others on chemical weapon's use?
    US lost moral and can not talk on human rights.
    Russia massacred their own people during Communists regimes , they have no chance to ask others. They support Syria only to show the world that they have say in global affairs.
    Entire world keeps mum on such sensitive issues, because we can not come to street against this hypocrisy and cheating.
    India supported Russia in Ukraine crisis and declared herself as a Russian satellite or subordinate state. Sometimes India supports USA for her national interests.
    pramodgokhale

I do agree. I don't fool myself as for any countries' behaviours. Every move corresponds to a tactical and strategic move. However it is one thing to aggress a country and another to defend. It is factual that we are ALWAYS the belligerent. I can't say the same about Russia.

working